Senior Broadcast Maintenance EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 648815BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 14, 2019
Job Summary:This position is for a full time Broadcast Maintenance Engineer to support our 24/7 Cable Networks Origination Facilities both here in Burbank as well as remote support for our two Cloud based Data Centers. Primary responsibilities include responding to immediate Play to Air technical issues impacting the business units for both DATG and OTTO. Additionally this role includes preventative maintenance task such as necessary SW and HW upgrades, and occasionally involvement in new projects requiring racking, cabling, configuration, and testing of new equipment. This role also includes responding to facility issue with critical Tech Power, HVAC Cooling, and FLS.
This role requires ability and willingness to work 24/7 shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Hands on Engineering position involving Maintenance, Configuration, & Troubleshooting of the Network Operation Center’s Broadcast Play to Air systems both our Legacy Baseband as well as our Cloud Based Streaming from redundant Data Centers.
- Monitor performance and maintain operational readiness of all critical Broadcast equipment.
- Take Proactive Action to correct ongoing equipment related problems with little supervision.
- Assist with required hardware, firmware, and software upgrades as deemed necessary.
- Assist with new projects involving installation, configuration, and testing of new equipment.
- Report and post daily shift logs of issues and activity involving the Play to Air environment.
- Monitor and respond to critical Tech Power, HVAC Cooling, and Fire Suppression issues.
- Prior Experience with Video Servers, Storage Systems, & On Air Master Control Environment.
- Prior Experience with Play to Air Automation Systems such as ADC-100.
- Knowledge of Digital SD & HD Video, including routing, distribution, and processing technology.
- Knowledge of AES and Embedded Digital Audio processing, including Dolby 5.1 formats, loudness control, and level measurement technology.
- IP Networking knowledge and understanding required to support Remote Data Center Cloud Playback systems running on virtual applications servers.
- Knowledge and understanding of SCTE 35 and 104 splice messages.
- Prior experience with Multi Processor Viewers using both IP and Baseband Video sources.
- Knowledge and understanding of MPEG Compression and Transport Stream analysis tools.
- IP Networking Experience with Knowledge of IP Multicast Video Steaming Technologies.
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree in IT Networking with Advanced Networking Certificate.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.