Senior Business Analyst, Platform Distribution OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 963980BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 28, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Analyze business needs and challenges, technology solutions, complex data sets, contract terms, and other vital information to produce deliverables and provide recommendations that can drive decision making for Platform Distribution Operations and DMED to increase efficiency and revenue.
- Organize and lead meetings with stakeholders, identify action items, and follow up on deliverables.
- Lead and manage large-scale technology projects by engaging with business stakeholders and technology teams, gathering and communicating technical requirements, and overseeing implementation progress in partnership with DMED Technology and Platform Distribution Operations leadership.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and various technology and operations teams to identify, define, and prioritize projects to advance the overall business goals of Platform Distribution and inform technology roadmaps.
- Prioritize system needs and requests in partnership with DMED Technology by balancing competing goals of business units.
- Administer various marketing, sales, and operations systems including communicating platform updates to stakeholders and being a point of contact for questions, user onboarding, and feedback.
- Use critical and creative thinking and analysis to solve highly complex, multifaceted business challenges in a multi-matrixed, cross-departmental environment, employing relationship building, team building, collaboration and critical thinking strategies and skills.
- Design and optimize business processes to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- Champion DE&I efforts within the team and contribute to a team environment that is open, inclusive and encourages candor, communication, and collaboration.
- 3+ years of experience in strategy, operations, project management, technical product implementation, or business analysis roles.
- Intimate knowledge of media, entertainment, and technology landscape.
- Ability to project manage and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously with respect to near, medium, and long term goals including managing internal and external stakeholders, documenting and communicating progress, anticipating issues, problem solving, and reviewing project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills to analyze complex issues and offer bold, executable ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to produce highly polished, accurate, and clear documents for internal and external audiences in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and easily pivot to address the fluid needs of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills with a curiosity to go beneath the surface to understand how various teams and business activities intersect.
- Ability to flex between using business terminology and technical terminology with applicable audiences.
- Team-oriented, highly collaborative, and inclusive work style with high emotional intelligence, empathy, and respect for all perspectives in the workplace.
- Passion for The Walt Disney Company and general familiarity with Disney brands and business segments.
- Some travel and non-traditional work hours may be required depending on business needs.
- Experience working with technology platforms. Familiarity with marketing operations systems or media supply chain systems is a plus.
- BA/BS in Business, Operations, Project Management, Product Management, or related field or equivalent experience.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.