Senior Communications Manager, Content StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 781980BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 28, 2021
You will be focused on driving strategic press initiatives that showcase and differentiate Disney’s streaming platforms Disney+ and Hulu as home to the world’s best storytelling.
With the increase in competitive streaming services, there is a clear opportunity to differentiate Disney’s streaming suite by elevating the vast and differentiated content offering across Disney+ and Hulu. The role will be responsible for driving strategic narratives and press coverage that communicates the content vision for the services with a focus on the total content offering, content verticals, and brand franchises.
Additionally, the role requires someone who can skillfully manage programs from strategic planning through tactical execution, which includes content partner launches, proactive media relations, ideation around stunts and other promotions related to content verticals, brand franchises, and executive communications.
This role is *not* in show publicity, although you will work closely with Disney+ and Studio partner publicity teams on cross-functional initiatives.
- Develop communication strategy, narratives and execute communications around Disney Streaming’s overall content offering.
- Drive positive coverage of Disney Streaming's content strategy – including content verticals and brand franchises - in business, trade and consumer publications.
- Manage executive communications for Hulu's VP (head) of Content Partnerships / Content Curation, Disney+’s head of Content Curation
- Collaborate closely with studio corp comms partners as needed on content executive communications, including interview prep and event scripting, as it relates to content vision for streaming platforms.
- Lead effort to create unified content insights reporting for show and film launches across Disney’s streaming platforms; and proactively work with research and marketing to take data/research and transform it into consumer-friendly stories that highlight the breadth, depth and growth of Disney’s streaming content.
- Proactively create 'reasons to write' for press without always having an announcement as a hook.
- Develop creative and unique press events or stunts around Disney Streaming's content verticals.
Manage deal news for new TV and film acquisitions for Hulu, including liaising with studio and agency partner PR reps.
- Ideally 7+ years of experience in communications and public relations, including significant experience in both external communications/media relations and internal/employee and leadership communication
- Experience pitching, securing and managing stories, developing and executing creative and strategic press campaigns, and coordinating events.
- A passion for technology/streaming, and understanding of how it is transforming the media landscape. Understanding of both traditional and digital media sectors and the technologies and business models underpinning them.
- Existing relationships with tech, business and trade press (sports press an added bonus).
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills an absolute must.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills in all aspects of job performance with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive self-starter with strong business ethics and interpersonal skills who works well within a team.
- Strong creative thinking and the ability to take initiative with projects and anticipate issues of concern.
- A personality that embraces change and is excited by the opportunity it represents.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, create documents quickly and communicate effectively under pressure of time constraints.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to handle multiple demands and thrive in a fast-paced, changing and growing multiplatform 24/7 global work environment.
- Willingness and availability to work evenings and weekends as well as travel for work/production/events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.