Senior Compensation AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 784868BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 03, 2021
As part of the Disney General Entertainment Content (DGE) Compensation team, the Senior Analyst – Compensation participates in the implementation and administration of compensation programs such as salaries, short and long-term incentives, job evaluations, and salary surveys that support the company’s business strategy. The Senior Analyst – Compensation is responsible for managing the DGE executive contracts process.
- Provide day to day client group support of compensation needs coordinating closely with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and Business Leaders
- Responsible for compensation offers for new hires, promotions/adjustments for respective client groups
- Conducts complex compensation analyses and provides recommendations to the client in partnership with Compensation team leader
- Partner with Compensation team leader to create and submit senior executive packages to Executive Compensation
- Educate HR Business Partners and business leaders for respective client groups on compensation philosophy, programs and processes
- Actively participate in the implementation and management of Annual Compensation Planning cycle for client groups and serve as primary Compensation contact to respective clients in the annual planning process
- Submit survey matches for respective client groups and partner with Compensation team members in the submission of various salary surveys
- Conducting compensation benchmark assessments, actively seeking market intelligence and industry specific data to inform appropriate solutions for assigned clients
- Evaluate, level and determine appropriate market value for new and existing jobs
- Manage Disney General Entertainment executive contracts process including contract administration, management of contracts database, contracts reporting and serving as primary contact on contract-related questions from SVP HR, HR Business Partners, Legal, Talent Acquisition, VP Compensation and Compensation Partners
- Manage the annual Spot Award Program budget by calculating and managing budget for segment
- Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects
- At least 3 years of progressive Compensation experience in a diverse business environment
- Strong understanding of compensation practices and trends
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the day to day compensation needs of a large, varied client group
- Ability to make independent decisions and recommendations based on compensation principles and philosophy
- Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to identify the need and create new tools/reports to benefit the Compensation team as a whole
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple assignments and client groups
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a flexible, often ambiguous environment
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
- Exceptional quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy and details
- Consulting experience a plus
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
- Advanced Excel knowledge; SAP, Success Factors, Workday, Cognos and Access experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree - Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, or Business degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.