Senior Compensation AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 7114673020220227 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 04, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The Compensation department leads the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support our domestic and international clients. This includes designing base salary and incentive plans and alternative rewards programs that are consistent with market trends, internal equity, a pay for performance philosophy and the company’s business and HR priorities and strategies.
As part of the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Compensation team, the Senior Compensation Analyst assists in the implementation and administration of compensation programs such as salaries, short and long-term incentives, job evaluations, and salary surveys that support the company’s business strategy. The Senior Compensation Analyst also collaborates with compensation peers in each of the business segments on the implementation of centralized, harmonized, and seamless compensation support for functional organizations that span across all business segments.
• Provide day to day client group support of compensation needs coordinating closely with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders
• Educate HRBP and business leaders on compensation philosophy, programs and processes
• Actively participate in the successfully implementation and management of regular compensation activities including annual compensation planning cycle, salary survey participation, etc.
• Review and approve employment offers – consulting with TA, HRBP and business leaders
• Conducting compensation benchmark assessments, actively seeking market intelligence and industry specific data to inform appropriate solutions for assigned clients
• Evaluate, level and determine appropriate market value for new and existing jobs
• Collaborate with HR business partners and assigned clients in the creation of consistent job families
• Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects
• Participate in the migration of positions onto a common salary range structure
• Bachelor’s degree - Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, or Business degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
• 5+ years of relevant Compensation experience in a diverse business environment
• Consulting experience a plus
• Strong understanding of compensation practices and trends, with emphasis on technology roles
• Demonstrated experience in supporting the day to day compensation needs of a large, varied client group
• Ability to make independent decisions and recommendations based on compensation principles and philosophy
• Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
• Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders
• Exceptional quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy and details
• Advanced Excel knowledge; SAP, Success Factors, Workday, Cognos and Access experience a plus
• Ability to set priorities and manage multiple assignments
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a flexible, often ambiguous environment
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.