Senior Contract Analyst - Artist RoyaltyApply NowApply Later Job ID 833158BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Jul. 26, 2021
The Music Royalties department is responsible for the calculation, payment, and reporting of recorded music royalties on a global basis to participants of artist and property-branded projects released by the Disney Music Group. The team ensures that quarterly and semi-annual accountings are accurate, and are distributed and paid in accordance with contractual terms.
- Adhere to contractual obligations through the review and accurate interpretation of complex recording agreements
- Create and maintain royalty rate structures, based on contractual terms
- Process and review royalty statements; identify and resolve outstanding issues
- Liaise with Business Affairs, A&R Administration, and other internal stakeholders to ensure that the full scope of royalty-bearing participants are properly accounted to
- Collaborate with Studio Controllership Accounting group to ensure accurate sales data is processed through the royalty system
- Mitigate audit liability through the pre-emptive review of artist and participant agreements and previously reported statement accountings
- Reconcile artist/producer recoupable costs
- Assist in identifying and testing system enhancements
- Impact business Finance decisions by ensuring accuracy of royalty expense and activity through precise rate structures
- Operate and actively participate in an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase efficiency
- Perform Special Projects, as needed
- Minimum 3 years of in-depth knowledge of artist/producer royalty accounting
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success in managing competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access) and reporting applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to be adaptable/flexible and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.