Senior Corporate FP&A Analyst - Total Company ConsolidationApply NowApply Later Job ID 978618BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be a key member of the Disney consolidation team and create Company-wide perspectives so senior leaders can make the best possible decisions. We want you to focus your strong communication skills on interpreting data and creating presentations so the numbers come alive. Join us at Disney!
You’d join a dynamic team of financial planners and analysts whose job is to work directly with a broad range of financial leaders by providing insight across the Company.
Responsibilities:Every single day as a Senior Financial Analyst is different! On any one day you might:
- Prepare dynamic messages for audiences including corporate management and other high-level executives
- Perform and analyze quarterly, annual or 5-year segment operating plans:
- Monitor segment operating performance
- Support and engage segment finance teams, in addition to corporate functions such as Corporate Strategy, Investor Relations, and Treasury:
- Evaluate the Company’s long-term plan, including valuation analysis of lines of business
- Assess risk and opportunity ranges for initiatives and guidance
- Support ongoing investor and financial communications
- Analyze cash flow forecasts and business cases for major capital projects
- Engage in ad-hoc financial analysis, including special projects at the request of the CFO
- Interact with extraordinary partners to whom we are dedicated
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Be a leader looking to drive continuous improvement, simplify processes and drive standardization
- Take advantage of “D Learn” opportunities
- Enjoy movie screenings, team building activities and regular lunch-and-learns
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Developed effective business and financial discernment
- A highly professional "client service orientation"
- Experience as a reciprocal teammate who possesses social and organizational abilities
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written settings
- The flexibility to work with different personalities -- we believe that makes our team special
- Exceptionally detail oriented and able to translate big-picture analysis
- Sharp presentation and storytelling skills, and the ability to exercise critical thinking
- A versatile "special-projects" orientation coupled with confirmed multi-tasking abilities
- An inherent curiosity driving you to ask the right questions
- Experience working in Excel and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of prior work experience preferred
- Background in the media and entertainment industry is a plus, but is not required
- Experience developing presentations on a company’s financial performance
- Analyzed business trends
- Capital investments reporting experience
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.