Senior Counsel - Labor RelationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 787659BR Location Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business ABC Studios Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
- Handle collective bargaining negotiations
- Strategic counsel to business units, including the labor relations implications of business initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Advising production, finance, distribution, publicity/marketing, creative and business/legal affairs colleagues on the terms of a wide range of entertainment industry agreements
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with industry labor organizations
- Investigating and addressing grievances brought by unions and guilds, requiring risk assessment skills in the context of ongoing Company operations.
- Handling labor arbitrations or other legal proceedings such as NLRB matters
- State Bar membership, California or New York preferred
- 5+ years of relevant labor relations experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with industry collective bargaining agreements, unions and guilds preferred
- Strong analytical abilities, strategic thinker, excellent communication skills and ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to work variable hours and travel as required
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive working relationships
- Proven team orientation, ability to work independently and manage competing priorities, yet seek guidance when appropriate.
Required EducationJD or equivalent
About ABC Studios:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.