Senior DB2 Database Administrator with Cloud
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 745996BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
Job Summary:As a key member of the Database Services team you will help support and drive the management of database technologies as well as leading automation and instrumentation efforts for our platforms and services. Use your software development and data management skills to build and provide services and tools for the management of business data assets. A passion for emerging data technologies as well as expertise with RDBMS technologies, applications, standards, and tools is required. You’ll be expected to collaborate closely with The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), Disney Interactive Media Group, ESPN, ABC Networks, and other key Disney partners, as well as leverage vendors and the open source community for products and services. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop and document a keen understanding of Disney’s stakeholders needs while working closely with interfacing architecture and development teams building world-class solutions.
The Enterprise Technology Database Services team whose mission is to provide a scalable and accessible data ecosystem which brings Disney closer to the consumer, increases efficiency and enables the business to transform data into value. Our Database Services team provides both DBMS Hosting as well as Professional Services and consultation in the database management space for Disney Connected & Advanced Technology (DCAT) and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) partners. The team is responsible for the planning and integration of database systems and applications in the most efficient, secure, scalable, reliable and cost effective manner possible.
The Sr DBA position works on a central team of Database Systems Engineers and Administrators supporting DBMS for Disney Connected, Advanced Technologies and corporate development teams and customers. Primary focus of this position will be Database support and service of operational and business processes for internet sites and corporate applications for The Walt Disney Company. Key responsibilities include DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation. Additional tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for level 1 systems management and exercises project-level control over initiatives
- Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art database technologies, stores, systems, and design
- Carries out assignments with minimal coaching and guidance from others
- Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Pubic Cloud providers like AWS and Azure and 4-6 years experience with DB2
- Thourough understanding in Security implmentations(IAM, SSL, encryption, firewall, wall garden) on Database, storage, network and Cloud environments. Participated in auditing exercise
- Knowledge in 1 or more Cloud Platforms including but not limited to: AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud and hybrid cloud enviroments
- Knowledge in Monitoring, Alerting tools such as Datadog, Cloudwatch, OEM, Quest
- Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
- Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
- Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
- Experience with Linux system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security procedures; experience with Windows desired
- Excellent knowledge of hardware, storage, RAID, and disk subsystems technologies as they pertain to DBMS systems, experience with SAN technologies highly desired
- Excellent systems documentation and system diagraming skills
- Experience with project management methologies and handling complex projects
- Ability to partner with relevant software vendors to determine near-term, long-term business impacts of product updates on our technology portfolio
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems issues and effectively diagnosing problems
- Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, SSH), general networking technologies, AWS networkiong(VPC,security group), network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge with key value, column oriented, and document store non-relational database systems such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase, Dynamo, Marklogic
- Leads and completes tasks independently, with attention to detail and while under pressure
- Excellent judgment, problem resolution, negotiation, and decision-making skills as well as the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Identifies, analyzes, and drives problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams
- Builds team relationships across the organization
- Effectively communicates technical actions and expectations to the appropriate audience
- Delivers customer service excellence by knowing customer’s business needs, identifying appropriate technical solutions, and meeting/exceeding service expectations
- Knowledge in 1 or more relavent areas including but not limited to: Cloud Computing, Internet Security, Hardware systems, Networking systems, Storage technolgies, Data Warehouse/Business Intellegence, Data Center Facilities, Ecommerce platforms are desired
- Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server experience is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.