Senior Designer, Data Visualization
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 716852BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 15/11/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, Parks & Resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Imagine yourself as a Senior Designer, Data Visualization where your ability for developing creative, intuitive visualizations will help ensure we are leveraging data to drive insights and business decisions regarding our employees and our brand. In this role, you will be able to blaze new paths in this data rich environment through developing innovative data visualization solutions that support functions within HR and the business. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise, creativity and knowledge to maximize the Company’s investment in our employees through complex analysis, creative resolutions and impactful solutions.
You have a curiosity that leads you to always ask, “What's possible?” and you have the ability to bring those concepts to reality in products that are integrated into business process, supporting data-driven decisions.
- Work in an enterprise-wide global People Insights Center of Excellence supporting all segments and HR functions across the organization.
- Design creative, innovative, accurate, consistent and scalable visual solutions from which insights can be quickly uncovered.
- Partner with our internal People Insights teams to understand and translate requirements into products that can be seamlessly integrated into business processes
- Work alongside the Reporting Solutions team to deliver clear requirements for data sourcing and enhancements.
- Effectively articulate the story, use and purpose of your solutions across varying levels in the organization
- Identify opportunities to tune products and leverage new best-of-breed tools
- Collaborate across boundaries to build and drive both internal and external partnerships to support synergistic opportunities, achievement of shared objectives, and connectivity of information.
- Take ownership of visual products, projects and key relationships.
- Proactively identify opportunities to leverage and embed visualizations in analytics projects
- You have a creative flare, utilizing skills for visual analytics and taking on a new perspective.
- You are an abstract thinker with the ability to solve complex problems in creative, sustainable ways.
- You can demonstrate your strong ability to effectively communicate complex analytics insights to non-technical audiences, including executive leadership.
- You have in-depth understanding of Tableau functionality and advance calculations.
- You are passionate about the benefits of accurate and actionable data, drive consistency and enjoy partnering with others to accomplish the task.
- You are able to work independently or with limited supervision, ask the right questions, make good quality decisions, problem solve, take ownership and adapt easily to changing priorities.
- You possess demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- You are well organized, with attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy.
- You have the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, juggling multiple priorities.
- You have the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.