Senior Financial Accounting Analyst - Segment Financial ReportingApply NowApply Later Job ID 865535BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 28, 2021
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst reports to the Manager, Financial Accounting, and will have a primary emphasis in the DMED financial result consolidation, reporting, and analysis of TWDC TV brands and networks, including ABC Network, Domestic Disney Channels, Freeform, FX Networks, and National Geographic.
This is a high-profile team that works closely with senior executives across the DMED segment and TWDC. This position is responsible for reporting financial performance and key drivers, including analyzing the cause of change versus forecast and prior year P&L analysis, balance sheet analysis, and disclosures. This position will partner with other Accounting teams across the lines of business within the DTC, Linear Networks, and Content Sales/Licensing & Other pillars, in addition to FP&A, SOX, and Corporate Reporting. The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will help the team identify and execute process improvements and make analytical presentations to various executives.
This position requires a professional that wants to lead, is highly motivated, and a self-starter. This individual must develop professional relationships with various business partners, analyze and decipher finance/accounting data to accurately review the department’s reporting obligations. In addition, he/she must identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvements. In addition, he/she must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines. This is an exciting opportunity for a top finance/accounting professional to utilize their expertise in a challenging, rewarding, and creative environment while gaining valuable experience in the entertainment industry in a unique and highly visible role.
- Prepare, analyze and present quarterly reporting of segment consolidated financial resultsSupport the preparation and analysis of the Executive Segment and Corporate Reporting Packages, and other financial results as deemed necessary
- Liaise and partner with FP&A and accounting teams for continuous process improvement
- Lead ad hoc requests/special projects for lines of business, segment and other financial reporting initiatives
- Prepare consolidated footnote disclosures in SEC reporting
- Liaise with external auditors by providing requested PBC items and thoroughly responding to questions in support of the financial statement audit
- Become an integral part of a world-class reporting team by promoting collaboration, innovation and business expertise
- 2-5+ years of public or private accounting experience required
- Strong technical accounting skills; knowledge of accounting theory and practices, of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Self-motivated, team player with a desire to excel in demanding and fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, proficient in reviewing his/her work prior to submission and able to manage multiple requests for various departments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including refined presentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, take ownership, and work in a flexible team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, proficiency using Excel (pivot tables, H-&V-lookups, etc.)
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate, and well-organized
- Experience with a public accounting firm preferred (Big 4 background is a plus)
- Experience with Film and TV accounting/reporting processes preferred, but not required
- Experience with SAP preferred, but not required
- Public accounting experience or coordinating with external auditors preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required (Preferably in Accounting and Finance or equivalent)
- CPA preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.