Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627569BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 10, 2019
Job Summary:Composed of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The purpose of this position is to service the Direct-to-Consumer International in all areas of the financial cycle. By exposing this person to different areas and tasks, he or she will be developed with a goal of preparing for future career advancement which will further aid The Walt Disney Company.
- Act as the Direct to Consumer International (DTCI) Segment contact and liaison for communication with LOB accounting teams, Corporate reporting, Disney Financial Services, Segment reporting team, Compliance, DWSS, various COEs, FP&A, and International shared service teams for accounting, reporting, and compliance related issues
- Support the general accounting for DTCI, including recording journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and assisting with all internal and external audit related matters
- Serve as subject matter expert of expense cycle for DTCI
- Assist with quarterly P&L cause of change analysis for DTCI, working across The Walt Disney Company to help explain results to all stakeholders (Corporate Reporting, DTCI, Film Studio, Disney ABC Television Groups, and Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products)
- Assist with foreign exchange hedge forecasting and cause of change for DTCI
- Assist with profit and cost center hierarchy set-up and ongoing maintenance for DTCI
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in accounting and/or financial reporting
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and internal controls
- Strong Excel skills
- Entertainment Industry Experience preferred
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.