Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678530BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Jun. 17, 2019
Job Summary:Enterprise Financial Services is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. This position supports the Studio Segment within Enterprise Financial Services. We support their decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Music Publishing Accounting, the Senior Financial Accounting Analyst role will be responsible for various key functions that support the Quarter End Close activities for Music Publishing. This includes calculation of quarterly accruals, various journal entries for quarter end, and balance sheet account reconciliations. This role will also will include the responsibility for ensuring the accuracy in coding and processing of invoices for the Disney Music Group. This includes timely and accurate invoice coding for Disney Concerts, Consumer Products Merchandise and Licensing. The Senior Financial Accounting Analyst will also process all invoices related to expense reimbursements, including but not limited to demo costs and marketing rebills for both Music Publishing and Recorded Music.
This role must work closely with the teams it supports with an eye towards serving their customers. Reporting activities will also be included in this role to assist with Cause of Change explanations at Quarter End and a successful candidate will be able to communicate the business results for Music Publishing to a variety of stakeholders. The expectations are that this SFAA will improve the processes and documentation associated with the tasks as well as find ways to automate and improve current processes. This position requires strong interpersonal skills and relationship building both with the accounting team and the Disney Music Group as well as third party licensees. The position offers multiple opportunities to showcase analytical skills to various executives and implement process improvements.
This position requires a professional that wants to lead, is highly motivated, and a self-starter. This individual must be able to develop professional relationships with various business partners and effectively analyze and decipher finance/accounting data to accurately review the department’s reporting obligations. There will be multiple opportunities to be able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further the efforts toward continuous process improvements and various ad hoc projects. In addition, an ideal candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines. This is an exciting opportunity for a top finance/accounting professional to utilize their expertise in a challenging, rewarding and creative environment while gaining valuable experience in the music industry.
- Preparation of Quarter End Close entries including sub-publisher accruals, unprocessed revenue accruals, performance income accruals, and advance and demo cost write-offs
- Preparation of balance sheet schedules: Accounts Receivable, Royalty Liability, Deferred Income, and Prepaid
- Prepare account reconciliations: Suspense, Tax Accounts, Reserve Accounts, etc.
- Preparation and analysis of the Music Royalty accrual and liability
- Invoicing and matching of invoices to payments received for Disney Concerts, Consumer Products Merchandise, and Licensing businesses within Disney Music Group
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records and efficiency of our processes
- Support the system harmonization project currently in process
- Provide guidance and lead ad hoc requests/special projects/reports for the lines of business
- Liaise with transaction support/accounting teams in the research of technical accounting
- 3-4 years accounting experience
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Music experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.