Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 730567BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 10, 2019
This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with management within the Controller’s Group of the Walt Disney Television Group (WDT). The Walt Disney Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, Disney Channels Worldwide and Freeform as well as the Company's equity interests in Lifetime, A&E and The History Channel.
Responsibilities:This position, reporting to the Sr Manager Accounting, is a core financial accounting role, responsible for the following key functions:
- Prepare all journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting deliverables for the Company’s equity interests in A+E, Tata Sky, Endemol Shine, and other domestic and international investments
- Prepare all journal entries, and account reconciliations for Cable & Broadcast product integration revenues & expenses, makegoods, and music license fees.
- Partner with Finance to explain P&L variances vs forecast for various Cable & Broadcast LOBs.
- Compile and analyze reporting quarter-end and year-end closes including: information related to TWDC quarterly earnings release, 10Q/K disclosures and MD&A
- Develop and refine relevant processes and improve efficiencies
- Assist management with ad hoc requests/special projects
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in financial accounting/ reporting/ public accounting
- Effective in managing competing priorities with high attention-to-detail and follow-through with current/ongoing issues to completion
- Ability to adapt quickly, learn new tasks independently and strive in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Hands-on, self-motivated, and deadline-oriented
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Entertainment experience is a plus
- Proficiency in excel and SAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Master of Accountancy or MBA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.