Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 767855BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 28, 2020
The primary purpose of this job is to act as the subject matter expert for the revenue cycle for the TV distribution COE with a primary focus on TFCF producer groups. This job would also provide support to the ongoing statutory accounting and reporting for legacy TFCF legal entities, working closely with international accounting teams. As a result of the consolidation of the Disney and TFCF content sales accounting teams, the launch of the Disney+ service, and the 100% consolidation of Hulu, a dedicated resource to support the TV distribution COE with a primary focus on TFCF producer groups is essential.
- Primary subject matter expert of revenue cycle for the TV distribution COE with a primary focus on TFCF producer groups
- Manage revenue life cycle for TFCF content producers with complex content ownership structure (National Geographic, FX, TCFTV, FNGI), ensuring complete and accurate revenue reporting
- Calculate all ASC 606 revenue transactions and assist with reporting disclosures
- Assist ongoing statutory accounting and reporting for legacy TFCF legal entities, working closely with international accounting teams
- Assist with producer group reporting for TV Distribution COE
- Assist with all internal and external audits (PwC, Sox, MA, Talent Audit, etc…)
- Work on ad/hoc projects as they arise
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in accounting and/or financial reporting
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and internal controls
- Strong Excel skills
- Entertainment Industry Experience
- SAP knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.