Senior Financial Analyst, Disney+ Content FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 10020673 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Featuring a portfolio of top-tier streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Hotstar, Disney DTC is the premium entertainment destination that connects viewers to the great stories of The Walt Disney Company and more. We’re looking for talented team-player specialists with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrive upon the incomparable legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for DTC Content that will primarily support the expanding international content offering for Disney+, Content Localization, and P&L Consolidation. This role will interface with a wide variety of partners from Disney+ Content Curation, Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, Content Creation (e.g. Studio, Disney General Entertainment), Content Planning & Analysis, Hulu, and the regional DTC teams of the Company. You will work closely with key stakeholders in these areas to set Disney+ and Star content financial plans while establishing clear communication and aligned objectives throughout the fiscal year. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, high-priority growth area for the company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and track content budgets for Non-Branded Originals, International Local Content and Content Localization through short-term and long-term planning cycles, as well as ad hoc analysis
- Consolidate Disney+ Content P&L and prepare presentations for quarterly forecasts, annual operating plans, and long-range plans
- Collaborate with DMED and Regional DTC FP&A teams to oversee and communicate content investment and P&L forecasts, including Localization, Music Licensing, and Overhead
- Partner with Content Curation, Content Planning & Analysis, and other global teams to support strategic and operational decision-making
- Create, improve, and maintain department financial reporting tools and processes
- Create and communicate executive summaries that headline the financial health of
- Partner with Controllership teams across the company to set up reporting structures and ensure accuracy of quarter close entries
- Stay up to date on SVOD industry trends amidst a rapidly changing landscape
WHAT TO BRING
- 2 or more years of relevant experience, ideally in an FP&A role in a Media company
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including building and maintaining complex models with large data sets
- Ambitious and positive attitude, with ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and issues to Executive management
- Ability to drive and implement process improvements across key activities
- Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at the same time, while keeping management properly informed
- SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- CPA and/or MBA
- Familiarity with the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- Experience in SVOD platforms
- Experience in Content Finance
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.