Senior Financial Analyst - Disney Music GroupApply NowApply Later Job ID 837643BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Jul. 30, 2021
At DMG, you would collaborate with sales, operations, marketing and creative teams on a regular basis focusing on profitability analysis for our key new releases. You will be our digital sales expert, and will deep dive into digital partner streaming and rate analysis, by utilizing SAP, Cognos and Tableau. As we support the ever changing landscape of music, our goals include advancing the Finance team into a premier organization that can carry DMG into the future.
Responsibilities:You would join a collaborative team performing financial responsibilities for DMG, including budgeting, forecasting, project modeling, and variance analysis. You would collaborate with other Finance and Accounting professionals and partner with sales and production teams to help advance our team’s support.
At DMG, every single day is different! Change is imminent and operations are dynamic, so we must be flexible. Duties include:
- Lead the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Forecasts (8 annually), and 5 Year Strategic Planning for our vertical Recorded Music business utilizing Cognos (TM1 and PAX Reporting)
- Collaborate with various DMG business partners to lead bi-weekly Proforma meetings, in support of by-product greenlighting analysis
- Perform quarterly and ad-hoc Post-mortem reports for Senior Management to evaluate the performance of current business initiatives
- Work closely with Accounting partners during quarter close to provide variance explanations and assist with the booking of sales and royalty accruals
- Drive process improvement via tools like Tableau and SQL in conjunction with our technical teams to continually improve and automate financial processes
- Exhibit confidence and curiosity mining large datasets in systems such as SAP, Cognos, Business Objects, and Tableau, while also expressing enthusiasm in using data aggregation and visual query tools such as Alteryx and Tableau Prep
- Ad hoc reporting as requested
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, economics or accounting
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.