Senior Financial Analyst, DMED Music FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 985461BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance for Disney Music Group (DMG), this position’s primary responsibility is the financial reporting, planning, and analysis for Disney Music Publishing. This position is ideal for a curious-minded candidate who possesses strong analytical and technical capabilities. You will be our Music Publishing expert, and will deep dive into data analysis, by utilizing SAP, Cognos and Tableau. As we support the ever-changing landscape of music, our goals include advancing the Finance team into a premier organization that can carry DMG into the future.
Responsibilities:You would join a collaborative team performing financial responsibilities for DMG, including budgeting, forecasting, project modeling, and variance analysis. You would collaborate with other Finance and Accounting professionals and partner with data services, Business Affairs, and Music Publishing Administration to help advance our team’s support.
At DMG, every single day is different! Change is imminent and operations are dynamic, so we must be flexible. Duties include:
- Lead the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Forecasts (8 annually), and 5 Year Strategic Planning for Music Publishing, utilizing Cognos (TM1 and PAX reporting)
- Collaborate with external/internal finance and accounting team members to improve Music Publishing planning process, actualize models, and validate forecasting assumptions
- Provide insight through data analysis, trending, and scenario planning and identify risks and opportunities for the business
- Work closely with accounting partners during quarter close to provide variance explanations and assist with the booking of sales and royalty accruals
- Partner with data services to ensure the Music Publishing financial data is accurately consolidated for analysis purposes
- Exhibit confidence and curiosity mining large datasets in systems such as SAP, Cognos, Business Objects, and Tableau
- Ad hoc reporting as requested
- 3+ years of finance or accounting experience with a keen interest in Entertainment / Music
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel abilities
- Experience in enterprise-level systems such as SAP, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, Alteryx or experience in similarly related systems
- Working knowledge in key accounting principles
- Excellent communication and leadership skillset with a constructive curiosity to drive change
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to autonomously and diplomatically work through problems
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects under tight deadlines
- Flexibility in role and duties given the evolving music industry landscape
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics,or accounting
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.