Senior Financial Analyst, DMED Music FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 985462BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance for Disney Music Group (DMG), this position’s primary responsibilities include the consolidation of DMG’s P&L and leading the finance planning for the International Recorded Music business. This position is ideal for a curious candidate, possessing strong analytical, organizational, and technical capabilities.
As our International Recorded Music expert, you will have the opportunity to deep dive into data analysis, utilizing SAP, Cognos, and Tableau. As the team’s consolidation lead, you will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of each of DMG’s lines of business and play a key role in presenting our financials to senior management.
As we support the ever-changing landscape of music, our goals include advancing the Finance team into a premier organization that can help to carry DMG into the future.
Responsibilities:You would join a collaborative team performing financial responsibilities for DMG, including budgeting, forecasting, project modeling, and variance analysis. You would collaborate with other Finance and Accounting professionals and to play a leading role in supporting our international partners.
At DMG, every single day is different! Change is imminent and operations are dynamic, so we must be flexible. Duties include:
- Prepare AOP, Forecast, and Close DMG consolidation package which includes variance and trending analysis for senior management
- Lead the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Forecasts (8 annually), and 5 Year Strategic Planning for our International Recorded Music business utilizing Cognos (TM1 and PAX Reporting)
- Understand key financial and contractual points of the Global licensed deals and liaise between business affairs, 3rd party licensees, and accounting team
- Work closely with Accounting partners during quarter close to provide variance explanations and assist with the booking of sales and royalty accruals
- Exhibit confidence and curiosity in mining large datasets in systems such as SAP, Cognos, Business Objects, and Tableau, while also expressing enthusiasm in using data aggregation and visual query tools such as Alteryx and Tableau Prep
- Ad hoc reporting as requested
- 3+ years of finance or accounting experience with keen interest in Entertainment / Music
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Intermediate to advanced Excel modeling skills required.
- Experience in enterprise-level systems such as SAP, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, Alteryx or experience in similarly related systems
- Working knowledge in key accounting principles
- Excellent communication and leadership skillset with a constructive curiosity to drive change
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to autonomously and diplomatically work through problems
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects under tight deadlines
- Flexibility in role and duties given the evolving music industry landscape
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or accounting
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.