Senior Financial Analyst – DMG DMEDApply NowApply Later Job ID 779517BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 09, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance for Disney Music Group (DMG), this position’s primary responsibility is the financial reporting, planning and analysis for Disney Concerts as well as DMG financial consolidation. Additional responsibilities will also include providing analytical and data support to drive business development, various business analyses, and ad hoc projects. This position is ideal for a candidate who possesses strong analytical and technical capabilities and is looking to build process management skills. Across all responsibilities, this Senior Financial Analyst role will be challenged to develop and improve processes and models.
- Responsible for the generation and analysis of Annual Operating Plan, Forecasts and 5-Year Strategic Planning for Disney Concerts and upload into Cognos TM1.
- Collaborate with both internal finance team members and accounting to improve Concerts planning process, actualize models, and validate forecasting assumptions.
- Work closely with Concerts / Business Affairs team on creating Produced Concerts P&L Budgets
- Reporting 3rd party commission reporting for Concerts division
- Prepare DMG consolidated financial package for all AOP, Strategic Planning, and Forecast cycles utilizing Cognos Café Reporting. Assist in the preparation of DMG’s 5-Year Strategic Plan & AOP presentation materials.
- Liaise with DMED Consolidations team on financial deliverables, ensure submissions are accurate and timely, and provide variance drivers.
- Drive process efficiencies through the creation of and continued updates to financial models and templates while leveraging Cognos and other planning tools. Partner with internal Finance team and Tech to continue to evolve technology and propose system enhancements that streamline and automate processes.
- Trusted and reliable “one stop shop” for analytical and data support to DMG management, operations and other teams to drive business development, various business analyses and ad hoc projects.
- As data super user, understand all available data sources and liaise with Accounting and Tech team to ensure global financial sales data are loaded accurately and timely.
- Prepare Concerts Summary, and other operational reporting and various deep dive analysis for Senior Management.
- As key DMG Finance contact, be a team player and build strong relationships with both internal and external global partners providing financial support while acting as a change agent to challenge the status quo.
- Ad hoc reporting and work on special projects
- Minimum of 3+ years of finance planning & analysis or accounting experience. Previous experience or avid interest in entertainment / music desired.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, identify, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously. Exceptional commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain both a detail oriented and big-picture, strategic mindset.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP. Intermediate to advanced Excel modeling skills required. Extensive experience with data analytics tools like Cognos TM1/Café, Access, Tableau, & SQL is a plus.
- Systems agnostic with the curiosity and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to work autonomously and strategically work through problems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work with individuals from various departments and at all levels in the organization.
- Flexibility in role and responsibilities given the constantly evolving music industry landscape
- Working knowledge in key accounting principles
- Bachelor degree in finance or related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.