Senior Financial Analyst, FP&AApply NowApply Later Job ID 825280BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
The Disney General Entertainment Financial Planning Team is responsible for managing the preparation of the consolidated Long-Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Forecasts for segment-level executive review (e.g. CFO / Chairman). Additionally, the team engages in a variety of analyses across the businesses to provide leaders with an understanding of segment-wide strategy and performance as well as the consolidated advertising revenue, affiliate revenue, programming costs, marketing costs, and SG&A costs.
- Assist in managing the forecast process by creating timelines, crafting deliverable requirements, and preparing partner communications
- Analyze forecast information to ensure accuracy, identify trends, and develop key storylines
- Aid in the preparation of presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management, including proactively sharing analytically-based insights with team leaders
- Proactively drive improvement in existing financial planning models and processes
- Build effective partnerships with finance, controllership, and other teams across the organization to facilitate consolidation of forecast data
- Provide Cognos TM1 support both within the team and as needed by partners
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience (experience in the entertainment industry FP&A a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Strong financial modeling skills, strategic mind-set, and analytical skills
- Advanced technical skills with a variety of applications / systems including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus)
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build productive partner relationships
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.