Senior Financial Analyst, Global Content SalesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 757440BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 17, 2020
An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a Senior Financial Analyst on its Business Planning team. An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) in its Business Planning team. This individual will partner with the Global Content Sales teams, focusing on transactional sales, to drive strategy and deliver on the financial and operational goals of the businesses.
The role requires a proactive approach with strong strategic, analytical, Excel and PowerPoint skills. The SFA will need to be comfortable with large amounts of data and able to analyze proficiently in order to derive succinct conclusions and drive actionable insights. The individual must possess the ability to interface effectively with various levels of management, ranging from executives to business team managers. A successful candidate will be able to confidently navigate an ever changing, dynamic environment and seek opportunities to drive efficient processes and challenge the status quo.
- Support business and finance teams to evaluate performance of the physical and digital transactional businesses, identify growth opportunities and optimize operational efficiencies
- Evaluate new business opportunities and participate in building business plans for key strategic initiatives
- Conduct thoughtful historical and projection analyses and to translate data into business insights
- Develop market projection for domestic and international content distribution businesses, ranging from theatrical to in-home windows
- Support preparation of financial Forecasts, AOP and Five Year Plan
- Leverage financial systems to pull data and conduct financial analyses
- Collaborate and partner with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely submission of deliverables
- 3+ years in a corporate finance or management consulting related role
- Ability to create dynamic and detailed financial models to evaluate different operating scenarios
- Significant analytical and financial modeling experience as well as exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to solve complex business challenges with high level of ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills, including creating and delivering executive-level presentations
- Ability to work cross functionally, managing many stakeholders and building solid relationships throughout the company
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion in a fast-paced environment
- A solid understanding of the film industry and business models
- Experience with physical and digital worldwide content distribution
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Prior experience with financial systems such as SAP and Cognos
- Experience with data analytics using SQL, Python, Access
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management or other quantitative field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.