Senior Financial Analyst, Global Information Security Finance&PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 769175BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 15, 2021
The finance team plays a critical role in supporting Global Information Security’s goal of preparing The Walt Disney Company to respond to emerging cybersecurity risks. In addition, the team improves processes, facilitates cross‐ department planning and implements tools/processes to empower our Information Security resources. This department will promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a challenging, rewarding, creative and fun environment.
Reporting to a Manager, this position will play a vital role in financial planning, including creating and analyzing Global Information Security Financials. This position will also play an integral part in providing key stakeholders with the tools and data necessary to support decision making, as well as the proper evaluation of security-related investments.
Responsibilities:Financial Budgeting and Reporting
- Working with the GIS teams to develop the budget and forecasts
- Preparation of various monthly/quarterly/annual reports used in the analysis of financial results
- Optimization of budgeting and planning tools (SAP, Cognos, Adaptive Planning, Excel, and others)
- Review and update commentary / cause of change explanations for management reports for overhead, capital or other department / client requirements
- Actively participate in the Quarter Close Processes (Allocations in & out of GIS)
- Compilation and review of internal and external headcount and labor reconciliation
- Creation of ad-hoc financial models/reports in Excel and other Financial Tools
- Ongoing identification of cost savings opportunities
- Complete segment and corporate requests: monthly, quarterly and ad hoc
- Work with accounting to ensure proper allocation to other TWDC business units
- Partnering with Global Information Security organization in supporting the Project Authorization Request process (PARs), including assistance in the preparation of NPV/Cash flow analysis
- Partner with Global Information Security Project Management Office
- Financial and cost control process improvements
- Continue to develop and adjust processes for data capture, reporting and variance analysis
Drive efficiencies and accuracy improvements.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required
- Strong working knowledge of finance and accounting
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be inquisitive and solve problems creatively
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Ideal candidates will have excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, a proven ability to build relationships, and strong business and financial acumen
- Candidates must be able to interact with all levels of management and be an integral team player
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical as the Financial Analyst will often face shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
- 3+ years of prior related work experience
- Media and entertainment industry experience
- SAP, Cognos Adaptive planning experience a plus
Required EducationB.S. (emphasis in Finance or Accounting preferred)
Preferred EducationCPA or MBA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.