Senior Financial Analyst, Marketing Finance - Disney StreamingApply NowApply Later Job ID 926467BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Forecasts and reporting will aim to provide operational teams and executive management a snapshot into expected marketing performance and will also serve as the basis for ad hoc scenario analysis. Ad hoc analysis will be key in understanding sensitivities around marketing effectiveness and will provide rapid insight to make necessary adjustments to maximize subscriber acquisition. Successful analysis will also require collaboration across the marketing and analytics teams, as well synthesizing insights from data to identify the appropriate narrative for both financial and non-financial audiences.
The pace and cadence for change at DSS necessitates an ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and roll up sleeves to support this important segment of the Disney business.
- Build and track global marketing budgets through short-term and long-term planning cycles (e.g. Forecasts, Annual Operating Plans, 5 Year Plan), as well as ad-hoc analyses, including special projects at the request of senior management
- Collaborate directly with domestic marketing departments to create forecasts and provide operational finance support
- Coordinate with international regions to oversee and communicate consolidated international marketing forecasts and trends
- Work with cross-functional teams to consistently identify and improve operational efficiencies across both finance and operational departments, particularly as it relates to quarterly close, budgeting and reporting
- Collaborate with marketing finance across all DTC services on various analyses to identify most efficient marketing tactics and best approach going forward
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials, etc.) that effectively communicates financial projections, drivers, business performance, risks and opportunities for different audiences including executive management to help inform decision-making
- 2-5 years of finance-related work experience, preferably with media/entertainment, technology, or start up environment
- Expert Excel skills; strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- High tolerance for ambiguity and working in a matrixed organization
- Experience in the video streaming industry a plus
- Basic understanding of accounting principles a plus
- High proficiency in SAP and/or COGNOS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.