Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Analyst - Movies AnywhereApply Now Apply Later Job ID 531769BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 08, 2018
Job Summary:At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
Movies Anywhere is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for a unique opportunity to be a part of the platform’s financial planning and strategic decision-making. In this role, the SFA will partner with a variety of product development and cross functional teams to plan, forecast and track financial performance of the Movies Anywhere platform. A critical aspect of this opportunity is the exposure to the leadership of all Studios within the industry, to drive and influence business decisions for all parties involved. Direct responsibilities include maintaining internal budget forecast, preparing and communicating monthly/quarterly financial reports to MA management team and studio partners, tracking operational expenditures/allocations, managing light accounting close activities, and developing insightful presentations to measure platform’s success.
- Create, maintain, and manage financial model to run organizational planning scenarios (e.g. manmonth metrics by functional team, contracted labor cost tracking, etc).
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and long-range Studio P&L consolidation process, budget and forecast, including:
- P&L cause of change analyses for Studio senior management
- Monthly budget reforecast based on analysis of actual spend
- Review SAP actuals for anomalies and potential reclass entries
- Review Corporate and Studio Cost Allocations to MA to ensure that all allocations are reasonable, accurate and timely
- Preparation and distribution of budget quarterly report to studio partners
- Collaborate in the review, consolidation and approval of MA requests for senior management and prepare cause of change analyses, as needed
- Ownership of general studio operational processes (e.g. AP support, PO set up requests, vendor creation in SAP, responding to third party vendor questions, etc)
- Analyze and communicate workforce information to MA leadership to inform key business decisions
- Effectively communicate and deliver high quality analysis, reporting and presentations
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience in forecasting, planning and financial analysis
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and reporting skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel (including macros)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Aptitude to develop and implement new operational processes
- Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment with limited supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- General knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred)
- MBA is a huge plus
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.