Senior Financial Analyst (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 959373BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
In this role, you will help to shape Movies Anywhere’s future! You will work with a variety of cross functional teams to plan, forecast and track financial performance of the Movies Anywhere platform. Direct responsibilities include maintaining internal budget and forecast, preparing and communicating monthly/quarterly financial reports to MA management team and studio partners, tracking operational expenditures/allocations, managing accounting close activities such as segment consolidation. This position will report to the Sr Manager, Finance for Movies Anywhere.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual P&L budget and forecast, including:
- Variance analyses for Studio senior management
- Monthly forecast updates based on analysis of actual spend
- Review SAP actuals for anomalies and potential reclass entries
- Review Corporate and Studio Cost Allocations to MA to ensure that all allocations are reasonable, accurate and timely
- Prepare and distribute of quarterly financial package to studio partners
- Managing MA’s accounts receivable and accounts payable process
- Accounts Receivable:
- Create and track invoices for royalty and out of pocket costs to Studio Partners
- Maintaining cash tracker to ensure payments are received on time and inform corporate treasury team on payment expectation and schedule
- Accounts Payable:
- Ownership of internal vendor payment processes (AP support, PO set up requests, vendor creation or vendor information update in SAP, managing internal invoice approval process, responding to third party vendor inquires, etc)
- Interact with various Disney accounting and procurement teams to ensure all payments and processes are in accordance with company policy
- Review and communicate workforce information to MA business leaders to inform key business resolutions
- Support the business development team by maintaining deal status updates and evaluate vendor contracts to ensure optimal set up for MA’s long term planning
- Effectively communicate and deliver high quality analysis, reporting and presentations.
- Engage in ad-hoc analysis, including special projects at the request of various departments
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in broad accounting or finance role
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and reporting skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Aptitude to develop and implement new operational processes
- Ability to monitor financial metrics and reports, identify and resolve issues
- Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment with limited supervision
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities and projects at once
- General knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- High proficiency in SAP preferred
- Entertainment/Tech industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.