Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Analyst, UltimatesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 645454BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 05, 2019
Job Summary:The Studio Entertainment segment is the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built, and at its heart are world-renowned animated features and live-action motion pictures. Studio Ultimates team is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support its decision making process while earning its confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We will promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will play a key role within the Studio Finance group with the review and consolidation of ultimates, along with financial modeling of participations and residuals, and the forecasting and accounting for all Studio APR expense. This offers a great opportunity to work across the various Walt Disney Studios’ lines of businesses (theatrical, home entertainment, music, etc.).
- Consolidation and analysis of the ultimates (10-year P&L projections) for each Studio film in compliance with FASB ASC 926, focusing on management reporting and the accuracy of the participations and residuals estimates
- Calculation of participation and residual cost ultimate models for each Studio film based on contractual deal points for the film’s key talent and co-producing studios
- Generation of amortization, participation and residual (APR) rates for use in calculating APR expenses each quarter close and forecast
- Preparation and review of PwC/SOX schedules for quarterly audits
- Preparation and review of quarterly tax reporting requirements
- Preparation of film impairment models in accordance with FASB ASC 926
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested to support senior management and business partners
- 2-4 years of experience
- Entertainment industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong knowledge of Excel required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great organizational skills and ability to manage tasks to meet deadlines
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.