Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 635113BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Feb. 06, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and create new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses.
The Finance & Planning team is seeking a candidate to assist with the financial planning and analysis for DATG’s segment planning team. The position will support and assist in the consolidation and preparation of the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan and Forecasts for segment level executive review (e.g. CFO/Chairman). The individual must be comfortable working directly with various groups across DATG as well as senior management. Position requires excellent systems, communication and time management skills, as well as an acute attention to detail.
- Support the preparation of all DATG executive FP&A reporting packages (forecast, AOP and LRP), which include financial reporting and variance analyses
- Work across multiple finance teams to assist in the consolidation and analysis of DATG forecast data
- Develop and maintain financial planning and consolidation models
- Aid in the preparation of presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
- Provide COGNOS support and analytical skills
- Assist with other Planning functions such as Capital, SG&A and Headcount planning
- Liaison to Corporate FP&A and TWDC Investor Relations for regular deliverables and request
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
- Strong financial modeling skills and analytical skills
- Advanced technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.