Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 644753BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 09, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios Theatrical Finance team provides financial, strategic planning and analytical support to the Walt Disney Studios Marketing and Distribution teams, which oversee the worldwide theatrical release and direct-to-consumer offerings of all content from Walt Disney Studios, including films and series from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, Disney Live Action and Disneynature.
- Act as primary department liaison to the Disney+ segment finance organization and to the Studio marketing departments supporting Disney+, informing financial budget and forecast submissions
- Serve as a key business partner with the marketing teams, interfacing with varying levels of management.
- Create ad-hoc financial models, analyses, reports and related presentation materials
- Analyze marketing cost variances to forecast, minimize as appropriate
- Maintain and improve department financial reporting tools and processes
- Assist accounting and other finance teams with development and maintenance of processes; ensure the accuracy and reliability of all financial forecasts and reporting
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrates professional excellence, integrity and dependability
- Embraces working in a highly collaborative environment
- Independent and creative thinker as well as problem solver
- Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
- Ability to present and discuss work and results within and beyond finance, including the development of appropriate schedules and presentation materials
- Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- Ability to multi-task and work well with others in a fast paced environment
- Systems agnostic, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint ability; VBA, Tableau and SAP experience is a plus
- Previous studio entertainment or streaming experience preferred
- BA/BS required
- CPA or MBA preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.