Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 675559BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 31, 2019
- Contribute to the consolidation and analysis of the quarterly forecasts, annual budget and five-year plan financials of Studio film releases distributed in international markets
- Liaise with international regions to review and analyze submissions from their finance teams
- Manage calendar of deliverables; answer queries
- Prepare presentations to senior management
- Refresh and consolidate by-title financial ultimates (i.e. lifetime projections) for international markets on a periodic basis
- Work with global Studio team to evaluate financial projections across all distribution windows (e.g. theatrical, video, TV); provide guidance to international offices
- Analyze historical trends as revenues evolve by platform and by region
- Manage internal weekly metric reports such as theatrical and transactional sales of current releases; prepare external performance data for industry reporting
- Partner on various deliverables with following stakeholders:
- Accounting: forecast-to-actual variance analyses at quarter-close
- Deal Analysis: green-light and pre-release sensitivity analyses
- Strategy, Tax, Treasury: financial support for ad-hoc presentations and projects
- Maintain enterprise system (TM1) features such as system cutover, calculation checks, and hierarchy updates
- Process-driven / analytic experience in a fast paced environment, with demonstrated ability to manage priorities and drive results
- Three years of experience in a finance or business planning role; exposure to film and/or digital entertainment a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; database skills a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and enterprise systems such as TM1
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Finance, Accounting or other quantitative field
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.