Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 713228BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 18, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Finance & Planning, this position will play a vital role in financial planning, including creating and analyzing Studio Technology financials, ultimately enabling this team to provide key stakeholders with the tools necessary to support decision making and various aspects of technology investment evaluation.
Responsibilities:Financial Budgeting and Reporting
• Working with the Technology team to develop the budget and forecasts
• Preparation of various monthly/quarterly/annual reports used in the analysis of financial results
• Creation of ad-hoc financial models/reports in Excel and/or Café
• Management of depreciation forecast across all Technology capital items
• First-line TM1 and SAP support for Studio Technology users
• Compilation and review of internal and external headcount and labor reconciliation
• Cost management and communication of Technology-related charges for other Studio businesses, including inbound/outbound allocations
• Identification of opportunities to optimize budgeting and planning tools (SAP, TM1, Excel)
• Loading of project forecast into TM1, as well as reconciliation to SAP
• Ongoing identification of cost savings opportunities
Technology Investment/Project Financial Management
• Preparation of reports to assist technology partners in project management (i.e., project time tracking)
• Collection of periodic project statuses
• Assist in the creation of Project Authorization Requests (PARs) and Financial Pro Formas
• Document and/or assist with project benefits realization and post-mortem reviews
• Support contract negotiation, including lease vs. buy decisions
• Analyze Technology strategy related to storage, application consolidation, business development/research & innovation
Basic Qualifications:• Minimum of 3 years of experience required
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
• Advanced Excel skills; macros and spreadsheet experience; advanced Excel modeling skills
• SAP and TM1 experience a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
• Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
Required EducationEducation – B.S. (emphasis in Finance or Accounting preferred)
Preferred EducationProfessional Certifications: CPA and/or MBA a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.