Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 786107BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
- Conduct financial modeling and analysis of significant talent, distribution and equity deals for live action and feature animation studios. Includes evaluation of profit/loss and streaming performance metrics for individual titles
- Develop P&Ls for films from development to release. Partner with distribution units to establish economics
- Create and manage current year, Annual Operating Plan and Five Year Plan film ultimate slates to forecast the overall profitability of films. Update current year slate regularly to forecast film performance
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on historical film performance, industry trends and competitive studios
- Consolidate weekly investment report to track production cost, delivery and release dates, and performance for all Studio content
- Forecast development and overall deal spend and track development commitments for Disney Live ActionManage overhead costs for various production groups
- 2-4 years of financial modeling and analysis experience
- Very strong Excel skills
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Comfort with constantly changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in evaluating film finance deals at a major studio a plus
- Knowledge of the Entertainment industry and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and or/Finance, or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.