Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 780382BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 06, 2021
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for DTC Content that will primarily support the expanding international content offering for Disney+. This role will interface with the Regional DTC teams and a wide variety of partners from Content Creation (e.g. Studio, Disney General Entertainment, Sports) and DTC (e.g. Content Curation, Content Operations, Content Planning & Analysis, Disney Streaming Services, Hulu, Hotstar). You will work closely with key stakeholders in these areas to set Disney+ and Star content financial plans while establishing clear communication and aligned objectives throughout the fiscal year. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, high-priority growth area for the company.
- Build and track content budgets for Star Originals, Local Originals, and Local Licensing through short-term and long-term planning cycles, as well as ad hoc analysis
- Collaborate with Regional DTC FP&A teams to oversee and communicate consolidated international content investment and P&L forecasts, including Localization, Music Licensing, and Overhead
- Partner with Content Curation, Content Planning & Analysis, and other global teams to support strategic and operational decision-making
- Create, improve, and maintain department financial reporting tools and processes
- Create and communicate executive summaries that headline the financial health of Disney+ Content
- Partner with Controllership teams across the company to set up reporting structures
- Stay up to date on SVOD industry trends amidst a rapidly changing landscape
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including building models from the ground up
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and issues to Executive management
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Ability to drive and implement process improvements across key activities
- Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at the same time, while keeping management properly informed
- CPA and/or MBA
- Familiarity with the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- Experience in SVOD platforms
- Experience in Content Finance
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.