Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 871341BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
The Walt Disney Company? Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Technology
builds products and platforms to enable our businesses and engage consumers. As a Senior
Financial Analyst (SFA), you will strategize with DMED Technology and empower senior
leadership to make the best decisions based on insightful data and storytelling. The products,
platforms and advancements being introduced by Technology are only possible with
talented, dedicated and hardworking teams. We are looking for the best finance professional
to complement our staff and to lead a growing team during this exciting and dynamic time.
As a DMED SFA, you will collaborate with Technology Teams on a regular basis focusing on all
aspects of Financial Planning in addition to investment evaluation. This particular role will
focus on the financial management of the Content Platform Team. As we support this
dynamic space, our goals include transforming our financial narrative to service costing to
enable insights for DMED Technology.
This position currently reports to a Senior Finance Manager within our team who is based in
California. With this role, there is an opportunity to work in either our east coast (Bristol, CT)
or our west coast (Burbank, CA) office.
Responsibilities:You would join a collaborative team, and would be directly responsible for partnering with
Content Platform’s leaders to provide financial guidance and project support while helping to
influence and evolve how we tell and report their financial story. You will also be working on
ad-hoc projects for them as they constantly evolve the way they do business.
The Content Platform team is responsible for advancing our global media supply chain to enable Disney to
distribute and monetize its unparalleled collection of film and episodic content to millions of consumers globally.
In DMED, Technology constantly changes to drive business and operations therefore we must be flexible. On any one day you might:
● Partner with Technology on their latest project providing cost modeling and scenario planning;
● Collaborate with Accounting on the latest variance analysis;
● Develop and present financial analysis for Technology partners;
● Compile and contribute to presentations for review with senior leaders;
● Identify cost saving opportunities in areas of responsibility;
● Build a forecast or budget in collaboration with Technology partners, identifying risks and opportunities
● Analyze trends to support storytelling and influence decision making
● Be part of a project team to enable the next company initiative
● Evolve parts on consolidation workflows to drive efficiencies
Basic Qualifications:● 3+ years of relevant work experience
● Collaborative mindset combined with ability to work independently
● Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables in a fast paced environment
● Strong financial modeling and analytical skillset
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Intellectual curiosity
Preferred Qualifications:It would be nice if you also have:
- Previous work experience in corporate financial planning and analysis
- Experience working with Cognos TM1, Hyperion, or other ERP system
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent substitute in Finance, Economics, Mathematics,
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.