Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 962043BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 20, 2022
As a DMED Senior Financial Analyst supporting Technology, you would collaborate with Technology teams on a regular basis focusing on cost modeling, as well as budgets and spend. This particular role will support Content Operations which is responsible for live studio operations, broadcast and transmission, network and production operations, content preparations, packaging and distribution globally. As we support this dynamic space, our goals include advancing the Finance team into a premier organization that can carry DMED Technology into the future.
Responsibilities:You would join a collaborative team performing financial support for DMED Technology, including budgeting, forecasting, project modeling, and variance analysis. You would collaborate with other Finance and Accounting professionals while partnering with Technology teams to help advance our group's support. In DMED, every single day is different, and in Technology, change is imminent and operations are dynamic, so we must be flexible.
- Management of quarter close, annual operating plan, and forecasts
- Prepare and analyze complex budgets, plans, financial statements and/or reports
- Identify risks and opportunities to ensure compliance with reporting requirements
- Collaborate with Accounting on the latest variance analysis
- Partner with Global Technology teams on their latest projects providing cost modeling and scenario planning
- Analyze trends to support storytelling and influence decision making
- Develop and present financial analysis for Technology partners
- Contribute to presentations for review with senior leaders
- Be part of a project team to enable the next company initiative
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Collaborative mindset combined with ability to work independently
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables in a fast paced environment
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skillset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, SAP & COGNOS preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.