Senior Informatica Systems Support Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 773539BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 08, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
Within EBS this role will provide Engineering Support services relating to a specific collection of application technologies across the EBS portfolio, including Platform, Data Integration, Infrastructure Operations and Reporting/Analytics. The role will work within the EBS System Support Engineering Community that exists to drive consistency and excellence of the technology services across EBS.
Data Platforms: SAP Enterprise Data Platfom (HANA sidecar),Cognos Planning & Forecast,SAP BW, DB2 and Oracle
Data Integrations: Informatica, Cognos TM1,webMethods
Reporting & Analytics: Cognos Reporting, Tableau
- Manage the delivery of high-quality, scalable and cost-effective solutions leveraging Informatica components (PowerCenter, ETL Batch, Data Quality, Master Data Management) that meet business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies.
- Act as the technology Informatica subject matter expert for platforms/infrastructure, partnering with technology stakeholders and clients to address issues and recommend/implement enhancements
- Monitor service performance and recommend areas of focus for continuous improvement initiatives, including application performance management
- Implement continuous improvement on existing technical solutions
- Drive the adoption of agile development methodologies, focusing on improving the velocity and quality of delivered work products through DevOps practices and automated testing
- Work collaboratively with other teams (QA, UX, Release Project Managers) to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
- Design and implement complex Informatica (PowerCenter, ETL Batch, Data Quality, and MDM) technology solutions in partnership with Solution Architects, Product & Engineering Managers in support of business objectives
- Coordinate the development and on-going maintenance of Disaster Recovery plans
- Develop and maintain the technology currency roadmap
- Oversee the respective security and vulnerability management activities
- Experience participating in the full range of development activities (including but not limited to: code deployment, load/performance testing, integration testing).
- Experience in installation and configuration of various Informatica Products (PowerCenter, Data Quality, and MDM).
- Experience in vendor management and oversee timely resolution of requests and incidents.
- Experience working with the product vendor for any tool related issues.
- Participation in formal change management processes.
- Experience with application monitoring technologies; New Relic, DataDog, Synthetic Transactions
- Sr System Support Engineer 8 years in a support engineer role in a corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- 5+ years in Informatica application development with relevant technologies
- Demonstrable deep experience of the technologies relevant to the post, including functional expertise and complex problem solving
- Experience with working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications relevant to the post
- 3 years working in a DevOps environment.
- Demonstrable experience with secure development practices
- ServiceNow expertise is highly desirable
- NewRelic expe
- ITIL Practitioner/Intermediate is preferred
- Advanced technical certifications relevant to the post are preferred rtise is highly desirable
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.