Senior Manager, Brand Social (Freeform)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10052833 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 31, 2023
Disney’s Freeform team is seeking a Senior Manager of Brand Social who will be an exceptional addition to our team. You will help set and manage the development and production of the Brand handle strategy and content creation from conceptional stages through execution.
As a Senior Manager, Brand Social, you will lead efforts in shaping the Freeform Brand channel strategy, ideation, concepting, content creation and analytics/optimization, working closely with the Social Creative Director and Social VP.
The right person for this role will be passionate about social media, storytelling, digital innovation, and culture. The ideal candidate is both left-brained and right-brained - highly strategic and analytical while also possessing the ability to develop creative concepts that break through. The role is enthusiastic, a problem solver, with an ability to inspire and effect results via collaboration. Seeking candidates who are self-starters and able to anticipate needs, with an understanding of for what needs to get done and when.
This role requires someone with ample social experience in the Entertainment and/or Brand space with a proven track record for delivering results on large scale social media campaigns. The ideal candidate will be open and flexible – willing to work with change, collaborative, and able to go above and beyond.
- Work with the Social VP and Creative leads to shape and implement Freeform’s channel strategy.
- Identify and implement key optimization tactics across multiple social channels and platforms that support the brand's overall mission and audience growth strategy.
- Represent, ideate, and maintain a prominent voice for the Freeform brand across social, and continually seek out opportunities to authentically connect with the Freeform audience.
- Craft copy for social postings consistent with the Freeform brand's tone and voice.
- Lead content curation efforts through the ecosystem of Freeform brand social handles; TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Reddit.
- Strong relationships with Social platform partners.
- Stay on top of trends, timely events, cultural moments, and upcoming Freeform series launches to activate initiatives across Brand social handles.
- Work with social and creative series leads on title activations, both pre and post launch as they tie back to the brand handle vision.
- Spearhead social media companion series, including but not limited to after-shows, cultural moments, talent shoots and more by partnering with short-form production, programming, and internal creative directors.
- Capture social media content at red carpet events, photo shoots, talent press tours and appropriate events.
- Work across multiple teams within the larger Freeform org for assets, launch dates, talent opportunities and any other relevant information needed across campaigns.
- Build on the organic relationship with Freeform followers through meaningful community management.
- Build and manage an annual Brand budget along-side Social VP.
- Maintain the daily posting schedule in our Airable system and surface for the social VP on a weekly basis.
- Serve as one of the final set of eyes on content before it goes out in the world & ensure posting in an accurate, timely manner and in the proper Freeform tone and voice.
- Partner with external agencies as needed for creative, posting and community management tactics.
- Dive deep into social analytics and use metrics to inform content strategy in real time. Share key analytics & learnings with stakeholders.
- Partner with the paid media team to execute campaigns as needed and in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with Ad Sales to ideate and execute sponsorable social media opportunities.
- 5+ years of professional experience in social media, digital marketing ideally at a streaming platform, network, or studio.
- Ambitious record of developing and executing successful large-scale campaigns/initiatives using data and metrics to measure impact and determine necessary pivots.
- Passion for social media and deep knowledge of how to leverage each platform to drive KPIs.
- Strong written and verbal skills, excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong creative instincts and judgment.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Experience managing external agencies/partners/talent without oversight.
- Ability to work well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams across various departments.
- Willingness to shift and be nimble in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of all social platforms and best practices including but not limited to TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit.
- Proficient with reporting and analytics tools such as Listen First and NetBase, and able to take data and translate insights into a story or opportunity.
- Able to handle multiple projects and deadlines at a time and able to be nimble and shift accordingly while still meeting deadlines.
- Maintain strong relationships and work collaboratively across many internal cross functional teams.
- Excitement for the series entertainment and the storytelling space and how to translate campaigns through the Freeform lens.
- Great enthusiasm for the Freeform brand and IP overall.
- Pro-active with communication and bringing forth information and work to all Freeform stakeholders.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and ready to think outside of the box.
- Experience presenting campaigns and delivering results to external talent and stakeholders as well as internal c-suite executives
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $109,280.00 to $150,260.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
International Family Entertainment, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.