Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678567BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 18, 2019
Job Summary:The Studio Communications team manages internal, external and executive communications, public affairs, and public relations for The Walt Disney Studios, which encompasses the Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight and Blue Sky Studios film groups, as well as Disney Music Group and Disney Theatrical Group. Responsible for crafting and executing messaging that is clear, compelling and impactful, the role requires strategic thinking; creative and savvy communications tactics and execution; outstanding writing. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator and enjoy working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as a key member of the Studio Communications team with responsibilities that include crafting and executing internal and external communications that express the Studio’s vision, brand and position through media relations, executive communications, issues management and enterprise strategies.
- Work as the primary researcher for the team.
- Provide writing, editing, and research support for other divisions across TWDS and TWDC.
- Develop internal relationships and an in-depth understanding of the TWDS businesses in order to effectively create and execute key messaging aligned with organizational strategic objectives and operational performance.
- Design, develop and implement communications initiatives to build and strengthen the internal communications brand. Create a distinctive “voice” of The Walt Disney Studios for internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, online, intranet, video and special projects and assignments. Generate content for and maintain the internal and external sites managed by Studio Communications, ensuring materials are current and sites are fresh.
- Serve as the Studio Communications point person for all cross-company cause marketing campaigns and programs.
- Work closely with distribution to track box office reporting and trends and develop related messaging.
- Track, analyze, summarize and disseminate news (including social media) concerning the Studio business.
- Keep current on relevant industry, economic and governmental issues that could impact the Studio’s business, position or messaging. Communicate regular media and issues updates to senior management.
- Journalism experience at a reputable trade/media outlet is required.
- Deep understanding of and interest in the film industry.
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple demands, think strategically and solve problems.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across a matrixed organization. Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills. Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical processing, critical-thinking, decision-making, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to assess and refine strategies and tactics to better align with changing business strategies.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.