Senior Manager, CompensationApply NowApply Later Job ID 774650BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
This Sr. Manager, Compensation will be responsible for supporting the Hulu Compensation Infrastructure and workday processes for all legacy Hulu employees. In addition to supporting the Hulu instance of Workday and ongoing integration, the Sr. Manager, Compensation will have direct client responsibilities for several key DMED business areas.
- Partner with Compensation leadership to constantly challenge existing processes and tools, ensuring ongoing process and product improvement across the DMED Compensation Function
- Actively partner with legacy TWDC Compensation and HR teams to integrate the Hulu processes onto Disney standards.
- Across multiple, diverse business areas, consult and work directly with HR Business Partners and DMED senior leadership groups to ensure compensation programs are aligned and relevant to both the market and business conditions, while also integrated with key business and HR strategies
- Partner with HR and Business leaders to understand the strategies of the businesses supported, the market challenges, and talent needs to support the long term growth of the business
- Actively seek market intelligence and industry-specific data to: obtain in-depth understanding of the market and industry-specific compensation trends for functional roles and inform and recommend solutions to ensure compensation programs are industry aligned and best in class
- Effectively partner with segment and enterprise compensation teams on the implementation and support of functional comp within all business segments
- Create and maintain integrated job families, structures and hiring ranges across all teams supported
- Partner with Enterprise Compensation to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation programs for functional roles
- Provide recruiters the visibility, tools, resources and support needed to provide timely and competitive offer packages
- Provide guidance to HR business partners, recruiters and managers regarding DMED’s compensation philosophy and application of compensation programs; this includes the design and implementation of effective education strategies for use with clients
- Participate in cross-company initiatives and programs
- Manage the annual merit, bonus and long-term incentive planning process for legacy Hulu employees and for assigned clients
- Collaborate with stakeholders/partners to continually improve processes, both compensation-specific and broader HR; drive for continued improvement in efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
- Manage team of 2-3 compensation professional(s); coach team with regard to development to ensure they are up-to-date on compensation trends, are knowledgeable of happenings in their assigned industries, and attain necessary skills to lift their performance
- Significant knowledge of Workday required
- Knowledge of compensation program concepts and practices
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy
- Strong sense of teamwork, conflict resolution skills and relationship builder
- Effective consulting skills and a business-oriented mindset
- Strong Executive Presence
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
- Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders from various disciplines (e.g., finance, legal, operations)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; SAP, Success Factors, Cognos and Access experience a plus
- 10+ years of compensation experience
- Work experience with a large corporate employer, leading consulting firm and/or emerging technology roles preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or equivalent; CCP or Master’s degree in a related discipline preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.