Senior Manager, CompensationApply NowApply Later Job ID 10069372 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Entertainment Television Date posted Nov. 08, 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Compensation with the Disney Entertainment Television Compensation team. This role will be part of a team that manages both broad-based and executive compensation for a dynamic business focused on creating compelling, cutting-edge television content.
The Senior Manager, Compensation serves as an expert compensation consultant and takes a strategic approach to leading the compensation strategy and initiatives for internal clients. The Senior Manager also leads large-scale compensation projects and initiatives such as pay equity, pay transparency, compensation philosophy training and harmonization of roles/levels/salary grades. The Senior Manager must be able to build strong and trusting relationships with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition Partners and business leaders and be a thoughtful and trusted Compensation Partner.
- Lead Compensation Partner for multiple client groups and independently manage client relationships.
- Provide expert level compensation advice and guidance to HR Business Partners, TA Partners, and senior business leaders by applying expertise to solve complex compensation challenges that meet business needs.
- Drive strategic compensation initiatives and approach compensation solutions with a commitment to pay equity.
- Champion change in compensation philosophies and practices that support pay transparency and pay equity.
- Educate leaders and employees on Disney’s pay programs and philosophies.
- Directly or indirectly lead, mentor, and develop compensation team members.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent consultative and relationship management skills with ability to influence change in complex situations.
- Proven ability to work directly with all organizational levels including senior leaders.
- Proven ability to make thoughtful decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience managing multiple client groups and ability to balance priorities in a fast-paced and high-volume, complex environment.
- Exhibits a positive, can-do attitude.
- Substantial problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills; strong use of judgment to identify and anticipate issues, client needs and establish appropriate plans to resolve issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise.
- Self-starter, acts independently and recognizes when to involve additional partners and decision makers.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- 8+ years progressively responsible experience in Compensation.
- People management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or similar discipline.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required.
- Proven ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with HR systems (Workday).
- Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment.
- MBA or master’s degree in a business-related field.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $156,000.00-$199,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.