Senior Manager, Consumer Insights (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 901836BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jan. 05, 2022
The Disney Branded Television (DBT) Content Insights team sits within DGE’s Content Insights, Analytics and Scheduling group and works in a consultative manner with Senior Executives as well as Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver content and brand insights that inspire creative development and inform kids and family content strategy. Our role is to elevate the voice of the consumer, and provide a deep 360 understanding of their content needs.
DBT Content Insights is seeking a Senior Manager to work across our portfolio for linear and streaming platforms. The Senior Manager will be joining a best-in-class team that is forward-thinking, innovative, and engaged in helping understand the evolving entertainment landscape. Working across premiere brands and content including Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars, the Senior Manager will be responsible for a variety of projects with a focus on content research. The Senior Manager will report to the Executive Director, Consumer Insights and lead a range of projects including pilot testing, marketing testing, concept testing, brand health tracking, and additional content studies.
- Lead content research projects at all phases of a series lifecycle from concept to pilot to marketing and positioning to maintenance and health post-launch
- Manage design, fieldwork, and execution of qualitative and quantitative studies
- Attend and oversee focus groups / qualitative research sessions (often in evenings)
- Analyze, summarize, and debrief research findings, both written and verbal
- Deliver insights that directly impact key content decisions, including storylines, characters, talent, positioning, and future development
- Design best-in-class projects that inform marketing and creative strategy
- Develop strategic insights about our brands and audiences and communicate those across the organization to help teams navigate the evolving content landscape
- Innovate new methodologies and best approaches to uncover insights that best reflect proposed objectives
- Present to all levels of management; comfortable giving creative feedback to executives
- Act as a thought partner internally with executives and with external research vendors in managing and coordinating projects
- Liaise with research partners across the organization, experienced successfully operating in cross-functional teams with multiple stakeholders
- A minimum of 5 years’ of experience leading primary research projects – both qualitative and quantitative at a media/entertainment company, advertising agency, research supplier or brand consultancy
- Experience leading entertainment research and working across demos, such as preschoolers, kids, teens, parents
- Confident and self-motivated; able to own projects and execute them at a high level
- Informed; avid consumer of content, digital media, and cultural trends
- Self-starter with passion, energy, and enthusiasm to impact the future of content
- Confident presence – strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Respectful, friendly and approachable with a positive outlook and attitude
- Exceptional organization and project management skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Dedication to delivering the highest quality work, unflagging attention to detail
- Flexible and will embrace new assignments with a can-do attitude as priorities change
- Collaborative, able to work across a variety of teams and establish strong relationships
- Skilled at data visualization and creating impactful presentations and deliverables
- A minimum of 7 years’ of experience leading primary research projects – both qualitative and quantitative at a media/entertainment company, advertising agency, research supplier or brand consultancy
- Advanced computer skills; Keynote and SPSS experience a plus
- Data analytics and experience with software like SPSS a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the fields of Marketing, Communications, Economics, Psychology, Social Sciences or related fields a plus
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.