Senior Manager, Content Protection & Production SecurityApply NowApply Later Job ID 775458BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
The Senior Manager plays a key role in managing the day to day corporate and production security and content protection needs for Marvel Studios. This position supports multiple areas of Marvel Studios include feature production, Disney+ production, and corporate infrastructure. This wide-reaching role will have direct involvement with internal and external technology security and content protection decisions in an effort to provide Marvel Studios and its productions with the most secure environment possible. This role will report to the Vice President of Global Security & Content Protection, but will have direct partnership with the Head of Technology.
- Lead contact and approved auditor for the studio third party site security program
- Development and management of digital security controls and associated risks
- Collection and distribution of metrics measuring effectiveness of current security posture and performance of security function
- Govern internal groups tied to content protection, technology security, and similar topics
- Provide technical solutions to internal and external partners with an emphasis on secure network architecture and hardening best practices
- Execution of Security Risk assessments on internal business units and strategic third-party entities
- SME for internal groups focused on Insider Threat, Foreign Adversaries, and evolving technology threats
- Lead coordinator for technology related Business Continuity and Risk Management programs
- Training for corporate team in technology security and content protection practices
- Work closely with the Digital Asset Management group to ensure content is being handled, transferred, and accessed securely and efficiently.
- Create and maintain protocols for content protection on set and throughout the production process
- Review, audit, and make recommendations on production related applications, equipment, and platforms
- Research emerging security-first products (e.g., hardware encrypted storage) to support growing needs of productions
- Establish and maintain policy for information sharing/access within production and corporate environments
- Training for crew in technology security and content protection practices
- Act as an advisor to production executives relating to any content protection concerns for the productions
- Works closely with Marvel Studios’ Head of Technology to enforce policy and protocol for secure digital workflows, data encryption, permitted use for mobile devices, etc.
- Conduct reviews of off-site production technology installations to ensure all technology security measures are in place
- Assist the off-site production security team members with guidance, research, and overall support whenever possible
Content Security Responsibilities:
- Lead security evaluations with an emphasis on physical security, digital security, and related processes
- Evaluate and test business processes and controls to identify areas of risk and to consolidate and report risks to stakeholders
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and opportunities for improvement
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports to assess, document, and communicate results of evaluations
- Liaise with vendors and partners to report, monitor, and remediate risks
- Work with internal assurance teams to plan vendor evaluation strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues
Other Critical Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager is a liaison to collaborate with the following business units within The Walt Disney Company:
- Global Security
- Global Information Security
- Studio Content & Information Security
- Studio Technology
- Piracy Management
- Studio Technical Operations
- Feature Distribution and Streaming
- Consumer Products
- Legal, HR, and ER
In addition to internal collaboration, the Senior Manager acts as a Studio representative with local, state, and federal partners such as LAPD, FBI, DHS, JRIC, MPAA, etc.
The Senior Manager also works closely with other studios such as Warner Bros, Universal, Sony, Lucasfilm, Fox, and Paramount to compare best practices and share information security related intelligence when appropriate.
Willingness to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally.
- 7+ years of experience in information security and / or security architecture
- Broad technical skills in conducting network and assessments and ISO 17799/27002 based security assessments
- General knowledge of security risk management principles
- Broad technology expertise with application, system integration, data, and/or infrastructure knowledge
- Strong understanding of the following:
- LAN, WAN, TCP/IP and security protocols
- Network architecture and layer 2 and Layer 3 routing principles
- Working knowledge of configuring and maintaining IPS/IDS, firewalls and ACLs (e.g., Palo Alto, Sonicwall, Fortinet, Checkpoint)
- Wireless authentication standards (802.1x)
- Vulnerability scanning, SIEM and common methods of exploiting vulnerabilities
- Endpoint protection and Data Loss Prevention solutions
- Storage solutions (e.g., SAN, NAS, encrypted storage mechanisms)
- Digital transfer tools (e.g., Aspera, Signiant, 5th Kind)
- Secure configuration of Linux, Windows, and Mac based servers and endpoints
- Computer investigation processes and techniques
- Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of studio IT systems, including production and post-productions environments
- Thorough knowledge of feature film production and post-production industries, services, and workflows (e.g., DI, editing, visual/audio effects, encoding, dubbing, VFX)
- Experience evaluating physical and digital security protocols at facilities
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Technical and/or detailed report writing
- CISSP, CISA/CISM, or CEH designation preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Engineering, or equivalent
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.