Senior Manager, DEI Creative Council Project Management & OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001699 Location Burbank, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Creative Inclusion Council is a diverse, transformative body composed of creative leaders from across our creative mediums representing different career levels, regions, brands, and backgrounds. Together, they have been working to scale existing, best-in-class inclusive content practices from across our businesses, dismantle bias in creative processes, and challenge long-held assumptions in content creation and the systems that surround it.
The Senior Manager, DEI Creative Council Project Management & Operations reports to the SVP, Chief Diversity Officer for The Walt Disney Company and will focus on providing strategic operational leadership, facilitating the execution of the Creative Inclusion Council priorities through coordination, communications, and project management. The essential characteristics of the ideal candidate for this individual contributor role include:
- Strong strategic planning skills, seeing how to connect dots across the Creative Inclusion Council
- Understanding of/respect for both content development and the DEI practice
- Ability to creatively solve operational problems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships across highly matrixed stakeholder groups, including creative/content teams
- Desire to participate in work to shape and evolve inclusive creative processes
- Provide strategic planning and operational support to the Creative Inclusion Council
- Lead and manage multiple large-scale projects, working with stakeholders to drive projects to completion
- Provide ongoing status updates, track work-streams, and ensure progress is being made and deadlines are met
- Lead working project teams when appropriate and needed, leveraging project management methodologies to drive work and adapt as needed
- Effectively write, prepare, and build project documents, presentations, business updates, and end-user communications
- Lead research, stakeholder coordination, content development and preparation for high-level presentations to senior leaders; creating visual aids (and/or working with designers)
- Act as a strategic partner by developing authentic relationships and influence across stakeholder groups, and ensure coordination and integration with key partners
- Triage and delegate incoming requests from internal groups
- Develop internal communications tools to amplify work
- Curate content/prepping for Creative Inclusion Council meetings
- Join regular cadence of Creative Inclusion Council meetings to ensure strong grasp of direction and drive alignment among stakeholders
- Project responsibilities can include anything from to leading senior executive meetings & driving high-profile initiatives to scheduling & note taking
- Experience working with creative/content teams
- Passion for representation and inclusion work
- Superior organizational and project management skills, as demonstrated by an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects to achieve milestones and objectives
- Ability to take multiple and complex concepts/ideas and distill into simple, executable plans that are relevant, pragmatic, and drive results
- Solid facilitation and problem-solving skills, and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve project goals
- Understanding of driving work through ARCI or other accountability processes
- Demonstrated confidence in an entrepreneurial environment, always seeking breakthrough and better ways of operating
- Proven ability to influence without formal authority, taking ownership of tasks and seeing them through to completion
- Demonstrated business savvy, confidence to interface with all levels and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong bias for transparency and collaboration
- Willingness to jump into every level of work as needed to execute a project
- Strong knowledge of Disney businesses
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise in Microsoft Office productivity tools and Apple tools
- Willingness to flex work hours to accommodate multiple time zones
- Cultural competence
- 5-7 years of progressive work experience in project management, business planning, operations or similar roles
- 3-5 years in DEI or DEI adjacent role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney HR Strategies & Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney HR Strategies & Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.