Senior Manager - Data Science
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 751980BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Mar. 09, 2020
Job Summary:Are you looking for a high impact position that will leverage your management, analytical, business and technical BI skills? Do you enjoy managing and growing multiple teams that utilizes complex data sets to conduct deep dive analysis that expands the understanding of business performance and drives change? If you excel at growing teams, delivering, and communicating robust data analysis, and want to influence the future of television at Walt Disney Television, then this position is for you.
Walt Disney Television is seeking a Senior Manager Data Science to join our Advanced Analytics team. The Senior Manager’s primary role is to develop a rich understanding of how consumers interact with our brands, and deliver consumable insights to Walt Disney Television to increase consumer engagement and serve our consumers better than ever. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in mathematics & statistical techniques used for analyzing large data sources, plus a deep understanding of consumer behaviors related to marketing, digital experiences, and relationship management.
- Provide strong thought leadership, mentorship, and support of team members and business partners.
- Deliver and manage data driven insights by effectively communicating the “so what” from the data to the business to leverage as a strategic business asset and driver of incremental revenue opportunities.
- Deliver and manage the development of consumer targeting models to drive increased marketing performance and efficiency (life-time value, likelihood to watch, response, and at risk models).
- Develop and quantify KPIs to measure viewer satisfaction, relationships, loyalty, and advocacy.
- Measure and quantify fan journeys and map against Walt Disney Television experiences and touch points.
- Conduct exploratory data mining and analysis to understand customer engagement and retention and develop tools supporting the deployment and usage to identify trends and insights in audience data to improve engagement.
- Continuously drive toward reporting improvement and efficiency by simplifying and automating where possible, eliminating redundancy across the organization, refining metrics, and building new reports (developing framework and identifying data sources) as needed to support decision-making.
- Propose and leverage new sources of data for acquisition, from both internal consumer touch points and external third party data partnerships.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with business partners and peers– including marketing, ad sales, digital and programming teams – to understand core business issues and to communicate actionable, impactful insights.
- Assure quality and accuracy of deliverables through thorough interaction with end users to understand and refine requirements and adherence to governance standards and practices.
- Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or equivalent/related degree.
- 5+ years of experience leading and building a teams.
- 3+ years of business facing experience that includes building relationships with new business partners, project request intake, and presentations. Experience delivering executive level presentations is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience working in marketing, digital experiences, or other consumer-focused roles.
- 8+ years of experience working in role focused on consumer driven analytics including building out consumer based models.
- 6+ years of experience with complex, large-scale databases (Hadoop, Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, etc.), statistical programs and other tools (Spark, Python, R, etc.) with an aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly to compile and interpret quantitative data. Proven track record of extracting accurate conclusions and identifying trends from quantitative information.
- Ability to visualize and communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Proficient knowledge of reporting and visualization systems such as Tableau.
- Passion for empirical research, experimentation, and answering hard questions with data.
- Experience solving analytical problems using a combination of scientific approaches from the fields of mathematics, statistics, and operation research.
- Experience working with marketing and response data from various media channels, including television, social media, online video, search, email, mobile, and SMS.
- Experience working with digital and mobile environment data, including online behavior tracking, video players, and apps.
About Walt Disney Television:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.