Senior Manager, DEI Stakeholder EngagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 842992BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 05, 2021
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are critical enablers of this effort. To remain relevant in a global marketplace, it is essential for us to have the right people and foster a culture that enables us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences, today and in the future.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team serves as a center of excellence for The Walt Disney Company, leading the development of DEI business strategy, partnering with leadership across lines of business and global markets, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
The Sr Manager, Stakeholder Engagement reports to the Director, DEI - Market for The Walt Disney Company, leading stakeholder engagement across various segments as well as cross dimensional expertise to execute against their market priorities.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key internal stakeholders including DEI and HR business partners across TWDC, Enterprise Social Responsibility, Communications, Global Relations/Public Policy and Brand Management in support of business and DEI objectives (experience with specific focus on media businesses is a plus)
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships and impactful engagement with key external stakeholders to champion our brands, reputation and DEI objectives with a key focus on underrepresented communities
- Partner with our People/Culture, Segment DEI teams and other internal partners to assure that our stakeholder engagement is aligned and effectively advances DEI objectives
- Lead and develop identity-centric strategies to deepen TWDC’s engagement within specific underrepresented communities
- Develop and collaborate with partners to execute strategic internal activations supporting key cultural moments (e.g. heritage months, holidays, content releases)
- Manage investments and budgets, prioritizing actions with greatest impact
- Build strategy, align stakeholders and manage projects that anticipate business needs and advance inclusion
- Ensure business segments have access to information, insights and other resources that to maximize their ability to take strategic, cohesive action aligned with overall company direction
- Collaborate with stakeholders across TWDC to deepen COE visibility and engagement with internal and external DEI benchmarks, KPIs, and leading indicators of progress
- Provide insights and build competency to enable business leaders to deepen engagement with diverse segments and advance business objectives
- Maintain a deep understanding of segment business priorities
- In partnership with COEs and businesses, drive TWDC reputation efforts in the external market through surveys, recognition etc.
- Drive two-way communication with DEI, HR and Communications partners to amplify content, experiences and other related activations, and to communicate our narrative and our progress against DEI Strategy
- Partner with segment Communications, PR, Marketing, Sales, CSR and Public Affairs teams to champion brands and advance reputation across all markets
- Identify opportunities to communicate our DEI stories that demonstrate market leadership and relevance
- Partner with and support segment creative and product development teams to ensure our stories, products and services are relevant and reflect our market
- Support segments in building capabilities and resources required to lead in their markets
- Build enterprise insight and interventions that disrupt bias and effectively advance inclusion
- Manage relationships with DEI allies and Subject Matter Experts; serve as trusted counsel to segment business leaders on DEI matters
- Support the capability building of resource groups across the enterprise
- Ensure global perspective is embedded in all efforts
- 7 years relevant experience in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Community Engagement and/or related professional experience
- Demonstrates strong understanding of media and entertainment marketplace
- Challenges accepted wisdom
- Is collaborative; sees own contributions within team context
- Cultivates own curiosity AND focuses on impact
- Experienced in integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
- Equally comfortable in quantitative and qualitative environments
- Has working knowledge of marketplace research and analytical techniques
- Demonstrates ability to turn vision into action, motivate others to achieve goals, and follow through on decisions
- Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-makers
- Manages focused, successful outcomes with outside partners
- Communicates regularly, and in clear and compelling ways (written/verbal), adapting appropriately for the environment
To be successful, this leader needs to have four core characteristics:
- A keen mind for business and business performance.
- Deep understanding of diversity, equity & inclusion and its business impact
- A natural orientation to collaboration, entrepreneurship and decision-making
- The ability to garner trust from leaders
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a related field
Preferred EducationMaster’s degree in a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.