Senior Manager, Employee Communications & BrandingApply NowApply Later Job ID 840193BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 10, 2021
The ideal candidate possesses a marketing/publicity/storytelling and communications mindset with creative marketing capabilities, excellent communication skills (including social media), is highly organized, and has the ability to project manage, plan and track multiple projects autonomously while meeting deadlines, and with a positive attitude. Candidate will also have experience/mindset for results-oriented work that is focused on impact and measurable results. Relationship skills are paramount as multiple perspectives and key data points from across businesses must be considered and implemented into the marketing and communications strategy for Disney’s compensation and benefits initiatives. This role works with multiple in-house teams and will work with external partners as needed.
- Determine compensation and benefits priorities and allocate resources accordingly. Drive the full lifecycle of marketing and communications by: creating and developing marketing/comms. plans and priorities based on program and business priorities, determining KPI’s and executing against them, measure and adjust
- Responsible for all compensation and benefits marketing and communications project management, including planning & execution; set agenda for compensation and benefits marketing/communications with functional teams and leaders; including Disney business communications partners as warranted.
- Work with functional partners to ensure employees awareness and understanding of key programs, policies and initiatives.
- Manage specific day to day brand, marketing and communications work with HR Communications & Strategy team, in-house creative and communications partners and external creative agencies towards a seamless and integrated marketing campaign; ensuring creative is well aligned to strategy; consult on best practices by platform
- Create marketing and communication assets including overall compensation and benefits narratives (evolve and adjust as needed), key messages (across multiple platforms) and editorial content; oversee the production and usage of creative assets like videos, graphics, social media assets and presentations
- Work with other employee communications partners (e.g.: D&I, Content Team, other Comms/Branding colleagues) to identify and activate against amplification/cross-over opportunities
- Work closely with People Insights team and outside partners (e.g.: Fidelity) to ascertain data analysis to integrate into and adjust communications and strategy. In partnership with our people insights team, provide message delivery analysis, optimizations/rationale, ROI, and insights for campaigns
- Measure effectiveness of marketing and communications plans, strategies and efforts; pivot and adjust based on results and findings
- Stay on top of industry trends to inform communications direction and advise/make recommendations to functional partners and senior leaders
- Help analyze and feed into the issues management process to ensure preparedness, message development and stakeholder involvement on key issues related to compensation and benefits that may affect employee communications
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Candidates must have proficient experience demonstrating career growth and progression to be held individually accountable for large scale communications and/or marketing strategies within agency and/or corporate environment, or mix of both
- Content development experience with emphasis on creative/marketing/public relations; excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and share new and creative ideas
- Ability to translate complex industry-specific information into consumable communications for various audiences.
- Demonstrated previous experience working with senior level executives; executive presence and discretion; experience in executive ghost writing
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks
- Innate sense of urgency with proven ability to work quickly, manage and reconcile multiple priorities and communicate updates effectively while under pressure
- Well organized and trustworthy with a high level of discretion
- Manages and persuades through influence
- Agency experience and/or managing agency experience (PR and/or marketing firms)
- Previous experience with Human Resources Communications Programs
- Mix of both internal and external communications; issues management
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited University or equivalent experience
- Preferred degree in communications, journalism, marketing
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.