Senior Manager, Employee Relations (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 747199BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 07, 2020
The Senior Manager, Employee Relations (“ER”) will support the Corporate function by providing clients (employees, leaders, HR Business Partners, etc.) with ER expertise and services, including: conducting complex investigations related to Company policies, determining investigation findings and recommendations, drafting various investigation-related documents, advising on a wide-range of ER issues, interpreting policies and practices, and reviewing performance management documents. The Senior Manager, Employee Relations will also help on various ER related projects, including assessment of organizational changes, ER data and analytics, and ER training for HRBPs and employees. The Senior Manager, Employee Relations must be able to perform work with little supervision, exhibit superb written and verbal communication skills, handle a wide range of complex and highly sensitive employment situations, and demonstrate strong emotional intelligence to skillfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization with a wide range of personality types and backgrounds.
- Conduct complex and sensitive employee investigations with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and any required document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution.
- Where applicable, draft well-written investigation-related documents, including leader/HRBP talking points, written warnings, case executive summaries and other documents with little supervision.
- Partner collaboratively with HRBPs, Legal, Global Security, Information Security, Management Audit, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and others to execute thorough investigations. Influence decisions where appropriate.
- Input cases into the ER database case management system accurately and timely.
- Assist responding to employee complaints with federal, state and local administrative agencies.
Other Core Employee Relations Work
- Assist in the determination and implementation of reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Assist in managing complex situations related to various leave of absences.
- Assist HRBPs with the assessment and review of performance management, including the editing, review and execution of performance advisories and performance improvement plans.
- Assist with the data reporting and analytics of ER cases for themes, trends and root causes to provide insights and recommendations for decision making and prevention of ER risk.
- Promote knowledge and understanding of Company policy and of relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Assist in ongoing review and updates of the Employee Policy Manual, Teacher’s Guides, and procedures.
- Assist with the assessment of organizational changes.
- Build relationships with key ER partners, including Human Resources, Legal, Global Security, Information Security, Management Audit, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and others.
- Assist with other ER project work and consultations related to the employee experience as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years Employee Relations experience, or 3 years in relevant legal practice required.
- Demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of complex employee investigations with little supervision.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and root cause/analysis skills.
- Demonstrated investigation and consultative skills
- Advanced understanding of employment and HR related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA, and FMLA.
- High emotional intelligence and strong people skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with compassion and equity.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive and a trusted thought-partner.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Juris Doctorate Preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.