Senior Manager, Employee RelationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 770102BR Location New York, New York, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 21, 2021
- Conduct complex and sensitive workplace investigations with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution. Investigation topics include, for example, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, theft, conflicts of interest, and other policy violations.
- Partner collaboratively with HRBPs, Legal, Global Security, Information Security, Management Audit, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and other stakeholders to execute thorough investigations and influence decisions where appropriate.
- Draft well-written investigation-related documents, such as leader/HRBP talking points, written warnings, and case executive summaries with little supervision.
- Input cases into the ER database case management system accurately and timely.
- Respond to employee complaints with federal, state and local administrative agencies as needed.
- Manage complex situations related to reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities and leave of absences.
- Guide HRBPs on complex performance management issues, including conflict management and performance improvement plans.
- Provide crisis management support to employees, leaders and HR Business Partners.
- Promote knowledge and understanding of Company policies and of relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Partner with Legal and HRBPs on the review and assessment of organizational changes and reductions in force.
- Assist with the data reporting and analytics of ER cases for themes, trends and root causes to provide insights and recommendations for decision making and ER risk prevention.
- Build strong relationships with key ER partners, including Human Resources, Legal, Global Security, Information Security, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and others.
- Assist with other ER project work and consultations related to creating an inclusive and respectful employee experience.
- Oversee more junior Employee Relations team-members.
- Minimum of 8-10 years Employee Relations or related employment law experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of complex employee investigations and providing employee relations consultations with little supervision.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and root cause/analysis skills.
- Advanced understanding of employment and HR related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA, and FMLA.
- High emotional intelligence and strong people skills.
- Experience managing diversity and inclusion topics.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with compassion and equity.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive and a trusted thought-partner.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Required EducationBachelors Degree
Preferred EducationJuris Doctorate
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.