Senior Manager, Employee RelationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 777567BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 06, 2021
The Senior Manager, Employee Relations will be responsible for managing a team tasked with delivering on federal contractor obligations and supporting various federal and/or state compliance obligations. The focus will be on developing and executing OFCCP strategy, including building client relationships, partnering with recruiting and diversity teams, consulting on compliance, designing and implementing compliance training programs, preparing data for research and analysis, and managing audit findings. The Senior Manager, Employee Relations (“ER”) may also support the DMED function by providing clients (employees, leaders, HR Business Partners, etc.) in conducting complex investigations related to Company policies, determining investigation findings and recommendations, drafting various investigation-related documents, advising on a wide-range of ER issues, interpreting policies and practices, and reviewing performance management documents.
The successful candidate will have thorough knowledge of OFCCP requirements, with demonstrated experience and ability to lead program development initiatives, communicate strategy, translate new agency requirements into process, develop auditing procedures to ensure compliance, and create AAPs. This individual must also be experienced in gathering support and buy-in for new ideas and is able to present information to various levels of leadership within the organization to drive change.
- Develop implementation plans that are workable in a complex and fluid environment
- Communicate change effectively; influence stakeholders and build commitment despite resistance
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for auditing, testing, and evaluating
- Formulate and maintain federal compliance objectives complementary to corporate goals
- Assess risk and develop new approaches to solve problems identified during auditing and feedback activities
- Prepare and present compliance effectiveness information to the management team, including keeping leaders abreast of significant issues or developments identified during compliance activities and actions being taken to improve approach
- Partner closely with Legal to translate legal changes into daily operations and conduct legal research on best practices
- Tell compelling stories using data by working with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inferences, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Conduct complex and sensitive employee investigations with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and any required document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution.
- Where applicable, draft well-written investigation-related documents, including leader/HRBP talking points, written warnings, case executive summaries and other documents with little supervision.
- Partner collaboratively with HRBPs, Legal, Global Security, Information Security, Management Audit, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and others to execute thorough investigations. Influence decisions where appropriate.
- Input cases into the ER database case management system accurately and timely.
- Assist responding to employee complaints with federal, state and local administrative agencies.
- Assist in the determination and implementation of reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Assist in managing complex situations related to various leave of absences.
- Assist HRBPs with the assessment and review of performance management, including the editing, review and execution of performance advisories and performance improvement plans.
- Assist with the data reporting and analytics of ER cases for themes, trends and root causes to provide insights and recommendations for decision making and prevention of ER risk.
- Promote knowledge and understanding of Company policy and of relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Assist in ongoing review and updates of the Employee Policy Manual, Teacher’s Guides, and procedures.
- Assist with the assessment of organizational changes.
- Build relationships with key ER partners, including Human Resources, Legal, Global Security, Information Security, Management Audit, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and others.
- Assist with other ER project work and consultations related to the employee experience as needed.
- Minimum of 7+ years Employee Relations experience, with 2-3 years in relevant experience leading others.
- 3-5 years experience with OFCCP compliance
- Demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of complex employee investigations with little supervision.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and root cause/analysis skills.
- Demonstrated investigation and consultative skills
- Advanced understanding of employment and HR related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA, and FMLA.
- High emotional intelligence and strong people skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with compassion and equity.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive and a trusted thought-partner.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written
- Bachelors Degree Required, Juris Doctorate Preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.