Senior Manager, Entertainment Brand SolutionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735082BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 06, 2020
Freeform connects to audiences with bold original programming and immersive social engagement that moves the cultural conversation a little forward. As Walt Disney Television’s young adult television network, Freeform channels the force and momentum of its audience in its quest for progress with authentic, groundbreaking original series such as “grown-ish,” “The Bold Type,” “Good Trouble,” “Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists,” “Siren,” “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger” and more. The network also programs tentpole events such as “31 Nights of Halloween,” “Kick Off to Christmas” and “25 Days of Christmas.” Upcoming original series include “Party of Five,” “Motherland: Fort Salem” and “Everything’s Gonna Be Okay.”
About ABC Entertainment:
ABC Entertainment airs compelling programming across all day parts, including “Grey’s Anatomy,” the longest-running medical drama in prime-time television; riveting dramas “The Good Doctor,” “How to Get Away with Murder,” “A Million Little Things” and “Station 19”; the Emmy® Award-winning “Modern Family” and trailblazing comedy favorites “American Housewife,” “black-ish,” “Bless This Mess,” “The Conners,” “The Goldbergs,” and “Schooled”; the popular “Summer Fun & Games” programming block, including “Card Sharks,” “Celebrity Family Feud,” “Holey Moley” and “Press Your Luck”; star-making sensation “American Idol”; reality phenomenon “Shark Tank”; “The Bachelor” franchise; long-running hits “Dancing with the Stars” and “America’s Funniest Home Videos”; “General Hospital,” which has aired for more than 55 years on the network; and late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”; as well as the critically acclaimed hit special ”Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear’s ‘All in the Family’ and ‘The Jeffersons.’” The network also boasts some of television’s most prestigious awards shows, including “The Oscars®,” “The CMA Awards” and the “American Music Awards.”
- Serves as expert over a specialty content area (i.e. Freeform and Dick Clark Production Specials on ABC). Helps drive strategy and the revenue performance of a specialty content area to maximize partnership opportunities and revenue.
- Manage development and execution of cross-platform (linear, digital, social etc.) solutions.
- Idea generation and creation of pitch materials (RFPs and proactive).
- Responsible for idea generation
- Responsible for creating all client-facing pitch materials that detail (customized and market-wide) sponsorship opportunities
- Guide and build consensus among key stakeholders to obtain approval on the ideas (Management, Legal, BS&P, PR, Business Affairs, studios, producers, etc.)
- Presenting and pitching ideas in client meetings or through conference calls
- Facilitate deal negotiation (client, studio, producer, internal, etc.).
- Manage activation process for deals that sell-through: timelines, approvals, production shoots, post-production, etc.)
- Lead kick-off calls
- Creative approval process
- Any/all shoot preparation
- Manage an on-set shoots – script delivery, client hosting, problem solving, balance show and client creative needs etc.
- Responsible for ensuring project elements are delivering across all platforms.
- Oversee all post production to ensure content launches properly
- All project related documentation: deal agreement letters, budget management, billing, research etc.
- Oversee creation of deal recaps and research
- Manage show and department related documentation: budget management, department status reports, case studies, research, competitive analysis, etc.
- Collaborates across the Disney portfolio to create greater reach for clients and shows.
- Provide guidance and leadership to other team members
- Build and maintain strong relationships with studios/producers and internal stakeholders at a senior level (e.g., Marketing, Legal, BS&P, Programming, PR, Sales, etc.)
- Minimum of 6 years of marketing, sponsorship, promotion, branded entertainment and/or media at a network, cable, promotional/media agency or entertainment studio.
- On-set experience
- Strong interpersonal skills (especially in high stress environments)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate verbal ideas into written presentations
- Highly organized
- Expertise in project management/execution with multi-tasking abilities, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Proven experience with sponsored social activations (across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Proven team player with the desire to do whatever it takes and thrives in a team culture
- Past experience managing one or more employees
- Experience interacting and collaborating with people at every level including senior executives
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, mornings, weekends and/or occasional travel
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
- Fully proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Keynote, Google Docs/Sheets, iMovie, and Final Cut Pro
- Bachelor’s degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.